Thread: Gold Gyms Neoprene shorts.

Gold Gyms Neoprene shorts.

My Walmart is not carrying anymore. Anybody getting these anywhere else. I'm very sad.
    Mark

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    My Walmart is not carrying anymore. Anybody getting these anywhere else. I'm very sad.
    Mark

Amazon had them previsouly

They seem to be long gone... I used to buy them directly from the Gold's Gym website - but they aren't listed there any more. About a month ago I bought a pair from an eBay-like website, never received them and had to pursue a refund through my bank.

I found this alternative on the web, but they seem to be missing the crucial waist Velcro.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/24611245?w...960792&veh=sem

Sad stuff indeed.

B

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dfsfilm View Post
    They seem to be long gone... I used to buy them directly from the Gold's Gym website - but they aren't listed there any more. About a month ago I bought a pair from an eBay-like website, never received them and had to pursue a refund through my bank.

I found this alternative on the web, but they seem to be missing the crucial waist Velcro.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/24611245?w...960792&veh=sem

Sad stuff indeed.

B
    Yeah. The Valeo's are not very good. Zipper right on the hip.

Tom

Sad day.

There are plenty of S/M and L/XL whenever I check, but the M/L are always gone. Sounds like that's the end of it though.

I wish I had the resources to have these made so I could retail them, but alas, a wealthy venture capitalist I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    Sad day.

There are plenty of S/M and L/XL whenever I check, but the M/L are always gone. Sounds like that's the end of it though.

I wish I had the resources to have these made so I could retail them, but alas, a wealthy venture capitalist I am not.
    Get the L/XL. They fit just fine.

Golds Gym shorts at 10$ are basically sold for what people like me and Bootboy can buy the materials for...

Tom

9. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Hmmm. Did these just appear in the last 24 hours? Are these not the same things? I just checked and they have all sizes.
    https://www.getgoldsgym.com/fitness/...ym/Accessories
    Scroll half-way down the page. $12.99 plus $5 shipping.
    Or here is the link to the medium-large.
    https://www.getgoldsgym.com/fitness/...s-medium-large

I must have missed the memo on what all the cool kids are wearing this week. Why do I want to walk around all day in neoprene shorts? What's supposed to be the big advanage of smelly sweaty balls?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I must have missed the memo on what all the cool kids are wearing this week. Why do I want to walk around all day in neoprene shorts? What's supposed to be the big advanage of smelly sweaty balls?
    You wear them over your wetsuit to protect it

13. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    You wear them over your wetsuit to protect it
    Or, when not wearing a wetsuit, can be worn over the harness.

Best to buy the largest size available, so as to prevent sweatified family jewels.

Tom

I don't slide on my butt, which is probably why I didn't know what the shorts were used for. I've never put a hole in the butt of a wetsuit, but I do shoe goo the seams of my wetsuit to provide some armor to the stitching.

And the family jewels quickly air dry when canyoneering commando.

Not butt hips and thighs. They are the bomb in tight canyons. Just slip them off when done with tight sections.

They last a long time compared to any clothing, shorts etc. I wear them over cargo shorts.

All the noobs I took to Constrictnine-slidenide are shopping for them now. They the bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    All the noobs I took to Constrictnine-slidenide are shopping for them now. They the bomb.
    I think I see the problem now...... my canyon skills are God like....

I guess I could put some on my backpack because that's what I'm always getting holes in.

But I've always marched to a different drummer as I never use knee pads like a lot of canyoneers do.... knee pads are for chick

20. Likes moab mark liked this post

Gold Gyms Neoprene shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I think I see the problem now...... my canyon skills are God like....

I guess I could put some on my backpack because that's what I'm always getting holes in.

But I've always marched to a different drummer as I never use knee pads like a lot of canyoneers do.... knee pads are for chick

Sounds like you're not doing the canyons that require the shorts or the pads.

Either that or you prefer to work harder rather than smarter....

Sounds like you're not doing the canyons that require the shorts or the pads.

Either that or you prefer to work harder rather than smarter....
    Either that or I'm smart enough to know there is more than one way to skin the same cat.

The skinny slots were being canyoneered long before the current neoprene and knee pad crew came along. I'm sure the next generation of canyoneers will invent another method to solve the same old problems. Some of the new ideas I think are better, some I just roll my eyes at. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by darhawk View Post
    Hmmm. Did these just appear in the last 24 hours? Are these not the same things? I just checked and they have all sizes.
    https://www.getgoldsgym.com/fitness/...ym/Accessories
    Scroll half-way down the page. $12.99 plus $5 shipping.
    Or here is the link to the medium-large.
    https://www.getgoldsgym.com/fitness/...s-medium-large

Well, that's interesting. For what it's worth, there was no trace of them on the web for most of the summer. And Walmart's site showed they could only be purchased 'in store' and not online. Now that the horror has passed, I'm glad to invest in a few pairs to get through the next shortage. Thanks. B