Thread: What Kind Are You

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the Grave in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ...Holy Shit... What A Ride!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've been the "uphill sucks" guy from day 1. But I also carry a ton of gear, mostly for film, but I do tend to carry every tool I'll need up on the trail.

But my trend has been leaning towards downhill more and more, now that I've got the full face helmet and almost full body armor.

Uphill sucks unless you're 110 lbs

Funny stuff. I'm probably a mixture of #1 and #9. I like to climb, although I'm getting old and just not as fast as I used to be (or think I am in my own mind). Yes, I wear spandex. I just like how it doesn't get hung up on anything, especially the saddle. I have really nice gear, clothing and accessories, mostly due to working a couple of hours a week at my local bike shop. Employee discounts are killer! I don't race anymore or even hang out at racing events. I'm skinny and am a minimalist rider: water bottles and very small under-the-saddle tool bag. I do have a job(s) but I'm off at 3:00pm and live 5 minutes away from AF Canyon. Mostly though, I don't have any kids living at home anymore so, no ball games, dance recitals, etc., do I need to attend. Empty nesting rocks!
    Are we there yet?

#1 but my pro days are long behind me. Now I live to put riders half my age into oxygen deprivation for my own personal amusement.