Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LOST 100' blue rope off last rap in cathedral, Neon Escalante

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    When I do carry a pull chord it's always a rope I would feel comfortable rappeling on in an emergency, which to me means 6mm minimum. YMMV
    Ditto that. And, have done.

But...a single 8mm 60m rope works just fine in Neon...

Name:  Neon last rap.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  184.4 KB

2. Likes Taylor, Slot Machine liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mtbron, I think you are progressing just fine. No one dead, no one injured is always a good day. Ratagonia hasn't always had that good of luck.

My advice to those learning is don't cut your safety margins so thin. Pull chords and fiddlesticks are advanced tools, leave them home until you have the basics dialed in.

When I do carry a pull chord it's always a rope I would feel comfortable rappeling on in an emergency, which to me means 6mm minimum. YMMV

Whats a "Pull Chord"?

C-major, F-sharp minor?

5. Likes deagol liked this post
    Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    Whats a "Pull Chord"?

C-major, F-sharp minor?
    h Moll

I think the facts show that you both are not "extremely clever comedians".

It is clear that you are just starting to craft jokes, and that you are gaining experience quickly! Perhaps you should stop the way you are doing it before you get hurt or killed, and find some experienced comedians to joke with, to see how it is done. Here on Bogley is a fine place to solicit for partners, to spar with people you can learn from (other than the hard way). Nothing wrong with being a beginner - but there is something wrong with being a beginner pointing out misspellings, then desperately trying to make jokes about misspellings...

Seems unlikely you will get any laughs. I'm not laughing. You botched and abandoned your jokes, due to incompetence. Your moral claim to comedy is weak.

-Bob

9. Likes Taylor liked this post
    @mtbron

If I had your rope, I'd send it back because;

A. I've left valuables in a canyon before, and somebody was kind enough to return them to me.
    B. It's bad karma to keep somebody else's gear, especially when you know who that person is.
    C. Sounds like you've learned your lesson. I bet you don't stick another rope soon.

Perhaps consider offering a reward. I sent the guy that returned my valuables a big box of brownies from here:

https://www.dancingdeer.com/

A small price to pay for somebody cleaning up and hauling out your mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    Whats a "Pull Chord"?

C-major, F-sharp minor?
    A chord is often composed of strings, like the G String on my guitar. I called a guitar shop and said I needed a new G String, they said I'm probably looking for the lingerie shop next door. (back when calling used to be a thing)

Speaking of strings, I'll transition back to the topic of this lost rope.

Mtbron, I think you are progressing just fine. No one dead, no one injured is always a good day. Ratagonia hasn't always had that good of luck.

My advice to those learning is don't cut your safety margins so thin. Pull chords and fiddlesticks are advanced tools, leave them home until you have the basics dialed in.

Thank you! We were planning on bring our 200' rope but once again we had conflicting opinions. Yeah, another huge factor was fatigue, we had to dig deep to get out of there at a decent pace. Muscle fatigue also showed up. I really do appreciate all of the comments and direction. Really valuable information, a lot of things were learned on the field as well.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

My advice to those learning is don't cut your safety margins so thin. Pull cords and fiddlesticks are advanced tools, leave them home until you have the basics dialed in.

When I do carry a pull cord it's always a rope I would feel comfortable rappelling on in an emergency, which to me means 6mm minimum. YMMV
    I think it better if people learn from my long list of mistakes, rather than flatter me by re-creating them.

14. Likes darhawk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    @mtbron

If I had your rope, I'd send it back because;

A. I've left valuables in a canyon before, and somebody was kind enough to return them to me.
    B. It's bad karma to keep somebody else's gear, especially when you know who that person is.
    C. Sounds like you've learned your lesson. I bet you don't stick another rope soon.

Perhaps consider offering a reward. I sent the guy that returned my valuables a big box of brownies from here:

https://www.dancingdeer.com/

A small price to pay for somebody cleaning up and hauling out your mess.
    I would totally send the person who recovers my rope brownies and anything they want with a price range of 20-40$. Hell i could make some "special" brownies as well, WARNING. You have 20 minutes to find someplace safe after consumption.

I have just upped the reward on my rope to 60$ and i will pay for shipping. Hell, i'll throw in brownies as well.
    Here's a pic of my rope! (scandalous) Name:  P1030089.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  91.9 KB

17. Likes Slot Machine liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    I think it better if people learn from my long list of mistakes, rather than flatter me by re-creating them.

Now this is a great quote.

20. Likes mtbron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CanyonFreak View Post
    Is that the Sterling HTP?

It is a sterling rope 8mm or 9mm, me thinks.