Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Basketball - Runnin' Utes 2015-2016

Utah Basketball - Runnin' Utes 2015-2016

Exactly Ice. It will get rescheduled eventually and the politicians getting involved is for their own political gain.

I'm kinda wondering why BYU is making such a BIG deal about it? Football took a break and now it is back. I think the break cooled the rivalry. Is BYU feeling like little brother? Why are they fighting, complaining and bitching about not having this game?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    What annoys me even more than cancelling the games are all the dumbass politician's jumping into the mess with comments like "we need to look at this on a legislative level". And my answer to that is no you don't as you have actual important issues to address. .
    Agreed.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I'm kinda wondering why BYU is making such a BIG deal about it? Football took a break and now it is back. I think the break cooled the rivalry. Is BYU feeling like little brother? Why do are they fighting, complaining and bitching about not having this game?
    I think all basketball fans should be annoyed by this. This is a fun game, every year. This brings in more money and fans in seats than a preseason game with Idaho State. This game is interesting to even the occasional fan of basketball. This game has neighbors talking to neighbors, mostly in fun, and coworkers engaging in friendly banter in the office. I have never felt like little brother to Utah. I would think that for the past 20 years Utah hasn't felt like little brother to BYU.

According to Dave Rose, when Jim Boylen was coaching, Dave was informed by Jim that Chris Hill didn't want the series to continue. This has apparently been an ongoing thing for Hill. I don't get it. What is Hill afraid of? Why the animosity? Does he think Utah is just that good now? Player safety? Bologna!

It is a shame because those of us (on both sides of the fence) that like a good basketball game just lost one of the top two or three best games played for both teams year in and year out.
    Life is Good

5. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Krystkowiak just thought it hit a little too close to home I guess.

Name:  Krystkowiak.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  74.7 KB

On the surface this makes no sense at all.... but... I'll bet a dozen donuts the root of the issue really has to do with money. I learned a long time ago in business if something doesn't make sense follow the money and soon enough everything comes into focus.

So bottomline I'm guessing Utah is somehow angling for more coin.

8. Likes Kent K25 liked this post
    Meanwhile on the court...the Utes are about to lose their 3rd straight conference game.

Utah Basketball - Runnin' Utes 2015-2016

Scratch that...Bonam scores with 1.1 left, game over. Utes win!

Utah was down around double digits with 5:00 left....

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Scratch that...Bonam scores with 1.1 left, game over. Utes win!

Utah was down around double digits with 5:00 left....
    Technically, Utah lost their third straight...luck just gave them the W.

I wonder what BYU fan would've said if the tables were turned, and it was Dave Rose backing out of a game in the name of safety. Would BYU fan still be so upset and up in arms? Would BYU alumni legislators still be sweeping in to propose the two teams play despite those concerns?

Over on KSL.com, BYU fans are practically crying for coach K's blood. It just seems to me that there's a hefty dose of hypocrisy evident in the reactions and demeanour of the Cougar fans. Cuz you know if Bronco or Rose would've made the announcement, Cougar nation would've been A-OK with it.

I've noticed many of the vocal BYU fans have a very bad case of little brother syndrome ever since Utah was admitted to the PAC 12.

They like to think of BYU as a P5 team and/or Notre Dame of the west, but anyway you slice it they are not. Many of said fans just don't understand BYU is no longer a big deal to Utah fans.

Honestly there was a time when BYU was often Utah's biggest game of the year, and now most Utah fans don't even rank them in the top half of games played during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Honestly there was a time when BYU was often Utah's biggest game of the year, and now most Utah fans don't even rank them in the top half of games played during the season.
    This is so true, and it's a large reason why I was so upset at the outcome of Utah's bowl selection. We made such great strides during the regular season just to play little brother?

Utah got hosed on their bowl game selection.... I guess that's what you get for being the little brother in the PAC 12.

Just listened to the press conference with Coach K and although I will sorely miss next years game, I'm OK with it.

Seems like there were other things going on off the court as well that weren't publicized that weighed in on the decision.

This rivalry has been intense for decades. Any athlete that has played in any rivalry game knows the rivalry game is different than others. That is what makes them so fun and so special. Krystkowiak has only been a part of this rivalry for a couple of years, yet, this particular game seems to get under his skin more than what I would consider normal or healthy particularly for a D1 coach. Grow up, dude! This is a personal thing for him. Since he is apparently paying the $80K buyout and admitted that HE almost lost it last game, and since I believe Dave Rose every day before I believe Chris Hill ("I don't recall the conversation with Boylin....we all know about that relationship....etc.), I stand by my prior statement. The only one who needs anger management is Krystkowiak. "Player safety" is still a laughable excuse. This is clearly the RUNNIN' Ute's opportunity to stick it to BYU after many years of being the perceived little brother. And so a more-than-century-old rivalry is terminated due to an overly emotional and less than mature coach who doesn't want to play the game and an AD who has the opportunity to stick it to his rival. The irony is that Krystkowiak is a coach who was an admitted bruiser and who "played in a different time when every team had to have three or so enforcers", he being one of them. And so I roll my eyes at the juvenile nature of this little tiff and move on. Maybe one day the game will be back. I hope so. But until the little kid with the ball wants to come out and play again, you just go play somewhere else and move on.
    Life is Good

BYU finally knows what it feels like. It's time for the Utes to play the, "Holier Than Tho" card.

I wont lose any sleep over them missing the game next year. It will be rescheduled soon enough and cougar fans will unbunch their panties.

Oregon spanking Utah in the first half...no sucker punches though.

Oregon kicking Utah's ass by 20.

I refuse to believe that everyone that Utah has played in the last 2 weeks is really that good. Hell, they're all unranked teams, but somehow Utah is finding a way to lose, and in some cases spanked (as is the case tonight as well as the Cal game).

Did Utah lose some key players to injuries or do they really just suck that bad?

Ouch! That was a beat down.

Well if you enjoyed that beat down, there's more coming down the pipe as Utah hosts the Beavers this weekend - a squad that annihilated Oregon.

Utah's record by the end of the week should be 12 - 6, having lost 4 of their last 5.

On the same night that BYU wins at Gonzaga.... [facepalm]