Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oregon Shooting, 10 Dead Umpqua Community College

Oregon Shooting, 10 Dead Umpqua Community College

(CNN) — Preliminary information indicates 10 people were killed and more than 20 others injured in a shooting at Oregon's Umpqua Community College on Thursday, said Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate.

Douglas County Commissioner Chris Boice told CNN that the shooter is in custody. It was not immediately clear whether the shooter was injured.

Earlier, authorities told had said they were responding to reports of an active shooter at the Roseburg college campus.

Roseburg is a city of about 22,000 people located about 70 miles south of Eugene, Oregon, and some 180 miles south of Portland.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

If only Oregon schools were inside a gun free zone.... oh wait.... never mind.

4. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Interesting.. story waffles from "in custody" to dead. If he's dead, who do they have in custody?
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

The minute Obama was told about the shootings he had his dick in his hand jerking it because he was soooooo happy he would have another chance to blame guns instead of addressing the real issues and our worthless mental healthcare system.

Obama can't "give his condolences" to military persons or police officers killed, but he sure can show up for a college shooting. He is the Al Sharpton/Jessie Jackson of shootings.

Addressing mental illness issues, stop the media from sensationalizing tragedies, holding people responsible for their actions (mentally ill or not) instead of making excuses...

All a good start, but there will never be a way to completely stop it, no matter what is done these things will happen from time to time in a nation of millions.

Our jackass POTUS didn't wait long enough to get facts before spouting off about more gun control legislation.

So in this mass shooting, which proposed gun law would have actually stopped it?

We should ban the Internet, right?!

http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandc...hooter-to-kill

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Curious.... targeting Christians. Can that be a Hate Crime? Or does it only define a very specific discrimination?

I'm still racking my brain trying to think what kind of new law would have stopped this shooting. Not getting any answers.

I wonder why Chris Mintz, the US Army vet that tried to intervene hasn't yet received his WH visit appointment? Hmm...

14. Likes DiscGo, Iceaxe liked this post
    ^^^THIS^^^

The media should be reporting on the hero's from yesterday and not the POS doing the shooting.

For those that don't know:

Meet Chris Mintz, The 30-Year-Old Army Veteran Who Was Shot Five Times As He Tried To Stop The Oregon Shooter
    http://www.brobible.com/life/article...egon-shooting/

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    ^^^THIS^^^

The media should be reporting on the hero's from yesterday and not the POS doing the shooting.

For those that don't know:

Meet Chris Mintz, The 30-Year-Old Army Veteran Who Was Shot Five Times As He Tried To Stop The Oregon Shooter
    http://www.brobible.com/life/article...egon-shooting/

Should be? Seems like they are on top of it. Chris Mintz is one of, if not the top story everywhere. Been on my twitter feed all day long.

It took a while for the Mintz story to gain some legs, I agree it's rolling now....

My bit of the Western world is still amazed at the USA tolerance to school & college shootings of innocents.

It doesn't happen that often elsewhere.

But I'm grateful that my kids don't have guns, have no access to guns, and don't go to schools where guns are used.

I guess they'll die of old age, like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    So in this mass shooting, which proposed gun law would have actually stopped it?
    Hmmm. Good question. I have a friend in Australia and we chat about US politics (of which he says, "a man has to have a hobby"). So I ask him...why he thought we had so many school/mass shootings. He said "because the US is a gun culture". Hmmm. Yeah, maybe so. And maybe we reap what we sow.

Speakin' of Australia...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/201...provide_a.html

I dunno. I'm a gun owner. I enjoy shooting. Used to hunt a fair bit. Would I tolerate more "gun laws"? Yeah, I probably would. Would following Australia's lead help prevent school/mass shootings? Maybe. Will the US do anything, other than talk about it? Probably not.

Sad deal.

Here's to hoping we all die of old age....

20. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    My bit of the Western world is still amazed at the USA tolerance to school & college shootings of innocents.

It doesn't happen that often elsewhere.
    The US Constitution and Bill of Rights is about freedom and has nothing to do with safety or saving lives. Freedom has always come at a high cost in lives lost. So the question is really "how much freedom and personal responsibility are you willing to exchange for some measure of safety"? Personally I plan to exchange zero, your mileage may very.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    Great post @Brian in SLC

Reading articles like ^that^ are a form of torture for me. There are entire countries of forward thinking people that actually address, then actually solve, problems?? Then they provide peer-reviewed proof that the solution worked??

Oh my God!

I love the idea of a gun buyback (Australia). I also like the idea of restricting ammunition possession and sales to firing ranges (Switzerland? Norway?). Both seem like no-brainer (peer-reviewed no less!) ways to help reduce gun violence.

The sooner we stop fantasizing about Nazis invading (then smokin' them!), and thugs stealing our big screen TV's (then smokin' them too!), the better off we'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The US Constitution and Bill of Rights is about freedom and has nothing to do with safety or saving lives. Freedom has always come at a high cost in lives lost. So the question is really "how much freedom and personal responsibility are you willing to exchange for some measure of safety"? Personally I plan to exchange zero, your mileage may very.
    Do you feel that your freedom is being infringed upon because citizens are restricted from owning tanks and rocket launchers? Whatcha gonna do if ISIS shows up to take the Corvette? (Is it worth getting into a gunfight over a car?)

How you gonna smoke ISIS Ice? (see what I did there?)

Name:  Higher+resolution+_b2c1c12cbd593bc8a32dd21da48c5527.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  59.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    The sooner we stop fantasizing about Nazis invading
    Just for the record.... one of the main reasons the 2nd amendment exists is to provide protection from our own government.... not the zombie apocalypse.