Thread: Canyoneering Zion Oct 8th, come with! Keyhole, Subway, Orderville and Neon

Canyoneering Zion Oct 8th, come with! Keyhole, Subway, Orderville and Neon

Hi there Zion Canyoneering Community!
    So Sorry to hear of the loss of life in Zion recently, truly tragic.

Me and a bud of mine are looking to do some canyoneering in Zion soon and we were looking to meet up w groups that will be doing the same canyon. We have the proper gear and look the part. We have also done canyoneering in Upstate New York, Costa Rica, Nepal, Sweden with tour guides. We recently took a 5 day course in Utah, so this would be our first time on our own, still we feel safety is in numbers. We have permits for the following parks and days and would be interested in joining any groups that would have us, proficient or not. We have wetsuits, we're avid outdoor goers, no trouble swimming. We'll be there early to make the most of the day. We're as prepared as we can be, but of course, out in the wilderness, stuff happens. Rappelle Moi!

Keyhole on Thursday - Oct 8
    Subway on Friday Oct 9
    Birch Hollow and Orderville on Saturday - Oct 10
    Neon Canyon On Sunday Oct 11

Please msg me if we can join or meet up w you!
    Thanks in Advance!

We're the 2 on the right.
    Name:  fellas_WhRiver.PNG
Views: 463
Size:  1.71 MB
    Last edited by mtbron; 09-23-2015 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Clarifying

2. Likes jman liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just a suggestion - albeit, I do see you have more than a full plate - you could pull a permit for Pine Creek on the 8th. Keyhole and Pine Creek greatly complement each other due to proximity and shuttle. I did a quick check, there are plenty of permits still available. I may be in Zion during that same weekend, if that comes to fruition I will reach out to see if you have any openings.

Thank you for the comment and suggestion ScottM! Unfortunately i'm landing in vegas that morning to drive to Utah and plan to land there just in time to do Keyhole in the afternoon! Good looking out on the info! Sure thing, come out and join us! Yeah, they're pretty good with the permits. There are some road closing that might come into play and the niño weather is not cooperating. Mount Carmel highway is closed right now and hoping that opens up sooner than later. Looking to go to Escalante if things get too hectic in Zion. So any suggestions for Escalante would be helpful!

http://www.nps.gov/zion/learn/news/z...iansclosed.htm