Thread: President Obama Running Wild with Bear Grylls

President Obama Running Wild with Bear Grylls

How do you think President Obama will do?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I wonder how many secret service agents were hiding behind every tree and on top on every ridge within 100 miles of their location at all times? Mr. O is too high value to risk death or severe injury for the sake of a stupid t.v. show.

I wish Bear would've given him a worthy challenge though. Should've dragged him down Kolob Canyon and out the MIA exit!

About 3 years ago, I arrived at Hawaii Volcanoes NP about 3 days after Grylls left...or actually, was thrown out. He and his film crew tried sneaking into an area of the park that's off limits.

He didn't make a very good impression before they tossed him...seems they tried to stage a big "epic" adventure at the Great Crack...only half a mile from the highway.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

I lost all interest in Grylis the day I recognized Fry Canyon in one of his videos. He was literally just off the side of the highway but stating he was miles into the wilderness. YAWN.... loser...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I lost all interest in Grylis the day I recognized Fry Canyon in one of his videos. He was literally just off the side of the highway but stating he was miles into the wilderness. YAWN.... loser...
    I'm totally with you on this Shane! I spoke with a friend just monday who was watching the show and recognized all the landscape recently. The helicopter landed on top of Flannigan Arch and deposited Bear and crew. They hiked maybe a quarter mile of Ashdown Gorge, then were transported to the SE Rim where they did a MASSIVE 200' Rappel back into the gorge. They happed upon a CHUCKWALLA (drugged) and pounced upon it and ate it (wonder if they got drugged from the Chuckwalla?). Pretty staged stuff.

7. Likes double moo liked this post
    Yeah, it's a bummer to learn how much support he has and how close he is to civilization during his shows. The way he stumbles upon certain edible items in each episode, are totally planted. But, all of the staging aside, he has highlighted some decent techniques.

9. Likes Absolute Gravity liked this post
    How can you tell the chuckwalla was drugged?

I like that President Obama said that Bear was "just a mediocre cook". That is a pretty honest and funny thing to say.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    How can you tell the chuckwalla was drugged?
    You can see the trail where the body was drugged through the sand

Yeah, it's a bummer to learn how much support he has and how close he is to civilization during his shows.
    He doesn't even sleep outside. For the Utah episode being referenced, he stayed in the Gonzo Inn in Moab.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    He doesn't even sleep outside. For the Utah episode being referenced, he stayed in the Gonzo Inn in Moab.
    Yup, when I lived in Moab, numerous locals had mentioned that. They mentioned he stayed at the Gonzo Inn EVERY night during the time they were shooting. He ate at Zax one of the nights he was staying there. It was the talk of the town.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Yup, when I lived in Moab, numerous locals had mentioned that. They mentioned he stayed at the Gonzo Inn EVERY night during the time they were shooting. He ate at Zax one of the nights he was staying there. It was the talk of the town.
    He sounds almost as soft as President Obama!