Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BYU Football 2015

Great video about Mangum from a few days ago: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13688536

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Talk about a good old fashion beat down.....

6. Likes Bad Karma liked this post
    Rename the thread to something more accurate...

Started by a Ute fan, kept on life support by Ute fans.

Maybe the "BYU Football Haters Thread"

Very small number of BYU fans in here for 2 big reasons...

1. It isn't BYU friendly
    2. BYU isn't very good

I stay out mainly due to reason #1, reason #2 just further encourages me to stay away :)

The thread was started by me and I consider myself a football fan above all else. And I can't think of one negative thing I have posted in a BYU football thread. I try to keep my posts positive or at least honest and not viewed through crimson collored glasses.

I would like nothing more than to see BYU invited to the Big 10.

And I'd love nothing more than to see more cougar chat on this forum.

9. Likes jman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    And I'd love nothing more than to see more cougar chat on this forum.
    Me toooooo....

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25 View Post
    Very small number of BYU fans in here for 2 big reasons...
    1. It isn't BYU friendly
    2. BYU isn't very good
    3. Most importantly, there aren't that many BYU fans in general!!! Bam!!! jk.

I can't think of one negative thing I have posted in a BYU football thread.
    You're joking right? These are positive?

Talk about a good old fashion beat down.....
    Now I'm not a complete moron, I believe I know what you meant...but to say you've never posted anything negative? Maybe not unfairly negative or biased, but negative yes. ;)

Also...going back to the 2014 thread out of curiosity...I misjudged you and mixed you in with Acca a bit too much. Your posts have all been pretty spot on and bias free.

Now I'll agree Acca beats on the kitties as if they are a red headed step child.

But I try to be fair, if you look back through the Utah threads you'll notice I also have no problem criticizing them when they pull a stupied move. And I'm all for a good joke no matter the team and that cartoon was funny no matter who you cheer for.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    @UCLA
    @Michigan

Good luck!
    Uh yep.

And what would a rivalry be without smack talk? Still remembering things I posted/said from 2014 sounds like something a female would do. Just sayin...

BYU is making 4th quarters exciting.

Never said I remembered anything you said from 2014...trying to accuse a man of things he didn't actually say sounds like something a female would do. Just sayin...

BYU Football 2015

Also...going back to the 2014 thread out of curiosity...I misjudged you and mixed you in with Acca a bit too much. Your posts have all been pretty spot on and bias free.

How's this? The Cougars suck this year. 3rd best team in the state for the second year in a row. BYU football is on a downward trend.

How's this? The Cougars suck this year. 3rd best team in the state for the second year in a row. BYU football is on a downward trend.
    I'd say it's pretty accurate, thanks for chiming in douchebag!

The good news is the Cougar's have a lot of room for improvement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    You've got the cougars over SUU and Weber??
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

I'd say it's pretty accurate, thanks for chiming in douchebag!
    Thanks for showing your true colors and stooping to name calling. Kiss your mother with that mouth?

Keep enjoying mediocrity as a cougar fan. I'm out.

Now boys. And Acca, BYU clearly doesn't "suck". Facts are facts. BYU is just outside the the top 25. I think bottom 50 is the "suck" category. The Utah state champ will never be decided unless the three teams play each other. Yes, Utah is doing great this year and ranked 3rd. Impressive. It is quite amazing that Utah is doing so well in my mind. It has taught me that with a very average offense, a great defense can win games and shut down pretty good offenses (Even when you give ASU 15 points on special teams.) Yep, I watch both teams. But I am still a loyal, strong and true BYU fan. And yes, my Ute brothers, I will be watching BYU v. Wagner on Saturday. I look at this week as a bye-week with a crappy scrimmage that I paid for.

As for BYU, the injury bug has hit really hard this year. We lost a potential Heisman candidate the first game (Taysom Hill), we lost our "best defensive player" at nose tackle, three o-linemen, two linebackers (they are back), etc., etc. The first game with a full defensive backfield was last week. Etc, Etc.... Our freshman QB, although fun to watch was on his L.D.S. mission in May. He hadn't thrown a major college pass until the Nebraska game. He hadn't been in the game for years. I think the Cougars are doing remarkably well given the adversity they have faced. They suck? No sir. That comment is just sour (and old) grapes.

As for the rivalry, the only thing on the line now is bragging rights - which kind of stinks. I loved the days when BYU and Utah were playing each other the final game of the season for a conference championship, more often than not. But that is history. Now, as a BYU fan, I actually get more excited to play Nebraska, Michigan, Michigan State, LSU, Missouri, Notre Dame, (three PAC 12 teams next year), etc., more than I do to play Utah. No disrespect intended to Utah but the novelty of so many different teams is more fun and frankly, as an independent, that is what there is to look forward to unless we have a perfect season. I wish BYU were in a power 5 conference but we are not. So we make the best of a less than perfect situation and it is still a lot of fun to play several big name schools each year all across the country. So carry on the trash talk. I just doesn't have the same sting or zing as before - but still entertaining.
    Life is Good