Thread: What to do at Lava Hot Springs

What to do at Lava Hot Springs

Our family loves Lava Hot Springs, Idaho. Yesterday we decided to go up just for the day, we brought the neighbor kids across the street because they are moving soon and our kids wanted to have one last fun day with them.

When we go to Lava Hot Springs, we usually hang at our favorite hot spring that pours into the river, it's located right by the swimming pool.

Then we hit the swimming pool. This year was my 9 year old boy's first time off of the high dive platforms. I usually try to make it to the top platform once or twice and make sure I can still do the backwards dead man fall without getting too hurt. This time I forgot to wear water shoes, so the bottoms of my feet hurt a little once they slapped the water.

Then, we always, ALWAYS try to go tubing down the Portneuf River. It's a great tubing run. This time of year the river is a little low, so you're bound to get stuck on a rock or two. But it's great to float down some fun rapids, and pull off to the side and stop at one of the many hot springs pouring into the river.

When we have more time, we'll go to the famous hot pools, but we didn't have time yesterday.

Has anybody else been up there lately? Did you camp, stay at a motel, or just take a day trip?

2. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement