Thread: Colorado Springs - Any kids friendly canyon?

Colorado Springs - Any kids friendly canyon?

We plan on visiting Colorado Springs (CO) area...any suggestions for kids friendly canyons? For ref. - My kids recently did Entrajo (Moab) and Spencer (Escalante) canyons.

Happy Friday everyone :)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

There is Cheyenne canyon, but it's a hike (there is Helen Hunt Falls, there).. but I don't know of any "canyoneering" around the area..

Same, I don't know of any in the springs area. There are a few here and there in the front range...IPW, vail area, breck area...but that might be a little drive to get to them.

Beaver Creek on Pikes Peak has some short granite slots. There are other slots on Pikes Peak, but I've heard that there are private land issues for some of them. Backpacker Magazine had photos of some of the slot canyons on Pikes Peak, but they didn't reveal where they were.

I have no idea as to the kid friendliness. You may want to focus on the mountains rather than the canyons since info is sparse. There are plenty of mountain hikes around Colorado Springs and some nice caves too.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

PS, there is a thread on the Backpacker Magazine photo:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...acker-Magazine
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Thank you all...seems like I'm going to stick to hiking (the incline on my list :) )

Just don't do the incline on a weekend morning. You'll get run over by runners.