Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hot for Teacher - Brianne Altice Sentenced

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313 View Post
    From what I've read here, y'all are too old for her!
    I don't know about that.... I'm pretty versatile on internet forums, I often play a 24 year old lipstick lesbian when I hang out in the girls for girls forum with all the other middle aged men....

LMAO

2. Likes Absolute Gravity liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I was talking to my wife about this and she thinks 16 is too old. She would draw the line at 14.

This 18 year old agrees (NSFW due to adult language, the pop-ups embedded at the beginning of the video can be closed):

@phatch

Quote Originally Posted by phatch View Post
    I find this kind of gray. The teacher has a position of trust and authority that is problematic for such a relationship. On the other hand, I'm fully convinced this is consensual and not abusive. She shouldn't take such a fall.

http://www.paulgraham.com/lies.html is an essay on the topic I find it insightful but doesn't answer the question really.

Adults make bad decisions about sex, drugs and alcohol all the time. Kids do too. The reason adults counsel minors to avoid those three is not that they are evil or immoral as absolutes. It's just so easy to make a bad decision about them no matter who you are or what age you are.
    Great concise post! Thank you for sharing that essay. An fun read, and a balanced perspective on lies.

Here are some of the lies I've decoded, and the ages I decoded them:

Tooth Fairy is real (7)
    Santa is real (8)
    Cussing is bad (12)
    Sex is bad (16)
    I can do anything if I put my mind to it (17)
    My Dad is a savvy investor (19)
    God is real (20)
    Money will make me happy (27)
    Marriage will make me happy (28)
    Achieving professional success will make me happy (30)
    Expensive jewelry is necessary for a happy marriage (31)
    Food companies are interested in making healthy food (32)
    Having kids will make me happy (33)
    I am a savvy investor (35)
    Owning my own business will make me happy (36)
    Owning a house and yard will make me happy (37)

Unlike the author of the essay, the more I decode, the happier I am. YMMV.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I don't know about that.... I'm pretty versatile on internet forums, I often play a 24 year old lipstick lesbian when I hang out in the girls for girls forum with all the other middle aged men....

LMAO
    Ok Caitlyn..........this is way too much fuel for my sarcastic "fire"!!

Never regret anything that made you smile!

While much has been said here in jest, and with tongue in cheek--no pun intended-- :) my life's work has been as a child abuse therapist for over 30 years. While some teen "victims" have indeed not been traumatized nor show any immediate signs of harm by their experience, the vast majority, I can attest, are indeed emotionally scarred and changed for life. It effects ALL of their future interpersonal relationships. That is a sad fact of incredible magnitude. We all experiment with life. Its our nature. But to do so at an unequal footing from someone in a position of trust and authority such as a teacher is immeasurably harmful. Just putting that out there...
    Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow

8. Likes Slot Machine, tanya, dougr liked this post
    Not to discount your post taatmk, but working as an abuse therapist does skew your sample and perspective. Certainly it's risky and harmful, probably most of the time. I think you could find lifelong relationship effects on all who first participated in sex as legal adults as well though.

10. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Hmmmm.... that reminds me that I should send Brianne Altice an invite to Bogley, it sounds like she would fit in here perfectly.

LMAO

Hmmmmmm....What's her bail set at? Probably still cheaper than a mail order bride from the Philippines...

Checking my savings account....

12. Likes BruteForce liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dougr View Post
    So the standards of society are based on high fives in HS? That's exactly wrong. Just a sickening comment that can't be serious.

Congratulations! You caught on!

I didn't read the rest of your post, sorry. Anything over 3 lines of text makes me sleepy. Try and keep your hate-posts to short, succinct bullet points, please.

Mountain Man
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Congratulations! You caught on!

I didn't read the rest of your post, sorry. Anything over 3 lines of text makes me sleepy. Try and keep your hate-posts to short, succinct bullet points, please.
    So...

1. You're ADHD as well. Great.
    2. I'll write down to your level from now on.
    3. Hate-post, of course. Shame on me for even alluding to societal standards.

15. Likes rockgremlin, jman liked this post
    Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by taatmk View Post
    While much has been said here in jest, and with tongue in cheek--no pun intended-- :) my life's work has been as a child abuse therapist for over 30 years. While some teen "victims" have indeed not been traumatized nor show any immediate signs of harm by their experience, the vast majority, I can attest, are indeed emotionally scarred and changed for life. It effects ALL of their future interpersonal relationships. That is a sad fact of incredible magnitude. We all experiment with life. Its our nature. But to do so at an unequal footing from someone in a position of trust and authority such as a teacher is immeasurably harmful. Just putting that out there...
    Excellent post!

I might add that those who don't think they are injured might be, but they don't care how it affected them. It takes good parenting to get people to understand what is right and wrong. It's just possible that those who don't see anything wrong have difficulty with that area. I use to.

17. Likes jman, dougr liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by phatch View Post
    Not to discount your post taatmk, but working as an abuse therapist does skew your sample and perspective. Certainly it's risky and harmful, probably most of the time. I think you could find lifelong relationship effects on all who first participated in sex as legal adults as well though.
    Not to the extent it does as in an imbalanced relationship. That fact that it effects even ONE child is cause for concern from my perspective. How do we put a value on that? Who are we to judge the impact upon even the one as not being worthy of our attention and take appropriate measures within our abilities to prevent it from occurring to another?
    Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow

*friendly tone* *stoked that we have a pro chiming in*

... my life's work has been as a child abuse therapist for over 30 years. While some teen "victims" have indeed not been traumatized nor show any immediate signs of harm by their experience, the vast majority, I can attest, are indeed emotionally scarred and changed for life. It effects ALL of their future interpersonal relationships. That is a sad fact of incredible magnitude. We all experiment with life. Its our nature. But to do so at an unequal footing from someone in a position of trust and authority such as a teacher is immeasurably harmful. Just putting that out there...
    @taatmk , to be clear, we are talking about 16+ year-olds. Not teens of all ages.

Also, there are degrees of unequal footing. The degree of difference in this case has been grossly exaggerated. She did not threaten these boys or hold her position over their heads.

It is just enough of an unequal footing to make the encounters extraordinary for the lucky lottery winners. Like snorting cocaine while flying a rocket ship around the moon while eating sushi and listening to Hendrix.

Err... I mean... so sad and unfair for the helpless traumatized child victims.

Not to the extent it does as in an imbalanced relationship. That fact that it effects even ONE child is cause for concern from my perspective. How do we put a value on that? Who are we to judge the impact upon even the one as not being worthy of our attention and take appropriate measures within our abilities to prevent it from occurring to another?
    I agree that we should take measures to prevent people from being victimized. But the prison population in this country is out of control, 5-7 times what I’d deem civilized:

Name:  economix-28pewjail-custom1.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  71.4 KB

Notice that our very happy friend Sweden is not on the list. So, what do they do with criminals? They rehabilitate them to benefit their society.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...ent-nils-oberg

Which begs the question, how would Sweden sentence Brianne Altice?

Name:  Swedish_poser.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  96.6 KB

I think her sentence would involve mandatory therapy and having her teaching license temporarily suspended. Everyone would win, because she would have a good opportunity to become a more productive member of society, her kids would get to keep their mother (thus increasing their chances of becoming productive members of society), and the taxpayers would win because they wouldn’t have to pay for her prison cell.

The solution shouldn’t be taking her kids taken away, then sentencing her to spend unproductive time in a very expensive prison cell. The only people that win in that scenario are the vindictive parents of the teenage boys.

In your opinion @taatmk , what would you deem to be a just punishment for Brianne Altice?

20. Likes Udink, rockgremlin, BruteForce liked this post