Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hot for Teacher - Brianne Altice Sentenced

The only victims here are the parents of the boys.

I've got 8 years experience working in a dozen schools, so I feel I've also got a little insight. Whether it should be labeled a crime or not, it's definitely clear that the teacher shouldn't have relations with the student, even if they've turned 18 years of age and are still in school.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This thread makes it easy to see which guys were knocking off a piece of ass in high school and which guys were wishing they could.

Now the party was jumpin
    And the girls were fine, with the lipstick summer glaze
    I got so many women comin' after me
    I put some pussy on layaway

Mountain Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post

Tanya> The boys are no different, but they are in a position where certain sects of the population think it's okay to jump anything with a skirt as soon as they are able, but that does not bring forth the type of man we admire in our society

Well put Tanya, and as a matter of taste I agree. But diverting from this recipe, when all parties are willing, is not a reason to take another person’s freedom, wouldn’t you say?
    This is what I'd say to you, Slot. I guarantee I'm as libertarian as you are and I'd bet even more so. But making a civilization takes hard work, high standards, expectations, and a decent populace. When raising kids, strong boundaries are necessary so they can become adults capable of governing themselves.

It might boil down to that. My order: 1. The continuance of civilized, decent society. 2. Maximum freedom. Your order: 1. Maximum freedom. - Continuance of society not a concern? I suppose like most Libertarians (not a derogatory comment, just an observation as I run with many), you either believe society will continue just fine since maximum freedom makes it axiomatic, or you don't care (ie, I live my life, they live theirs, whatever else happens isn't my concern).

5. Likes jman, tanya liked this post
    Spicy topic. I wouldn't expect 16/17 year old males to make good decisions. A 30+ year old adult in a position of authority over those students? Much higher standard.30 years? That seems excessive.

7. Likes jman, tanya liked this post
    Bogley BigShot
    Morality is legislated for children because kids are dumb, and not all parents are great. Someone needs to look out for the kids.

Doug, Brian, Scott P, Bluff and others of the same opinion are spot on!

A teen girl all dolled up and walking out of the house looking like a hooker doesn't understand she is doing anything wrong most of the time. She's just looking for attention and affection, even if you guys think she looking for money. She is mentally distressed and in need of direction and care.

Not being male, I can't tell you what's going through a boys brains, but I do know that their hormones are raging, and they are highly emotional. Dumb, immature boys brag about their conquests and this teachers actions make them feel their childish actions were okay. This teacher is sick and needs to be kept away from kids. She was educated to never do what she did. She's not just some woman that works at 7/11. She in a position of power to kids and parents need to trust teachers. She knew what could happen to her when she chose to have sex with her students! She made her own choice.

Of course these boys and girls don't think they are victims. They are kids!

Men that still think what this teacher did is not a crime are still thinking like boys and need to step up a bit.

I have changed with age and matured. I was married at the age of 16 already, and to a man 8 years older. I was one of those dumb kids that thought like these boys do. Luckily I raised 3 girls who could kick each others butts if they even remotely did what I was stupid and immature enough to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    Spicy topic. I wouldn't expect 16/17 year old males to make good decisions.

Gosh... 40 and 50 year old men don't make wise decisions (again.... I know for experience).... if this is about locking up those that make bad decisions about 90% of the population should be behind bars.

10. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    I find this kind of gray. The teacher has a position of trust and authority that is problematic for such a relationship. On the other hand, I'm fully convinced this is consensual and not abusive. She shouldn't take such a fall.

http://www.paulgraham.com/lies.html is an essay on the topic I find it insightful but doesn't answer the question really.

Adults make bad decisions about sex, drugs and alcohol all the time. Kids do too. The reason adults counsel minors to avoid those three is not that they are evil or immoral as absolutes. It's just so easy to make a bad decision about them no matter who you are or what age you are.

12. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluff-Canyoneer View Post
    I have to disagree on the "ready" part. No one is "ready" for sex unless they are ready for the consequences both financially and emotionally, i.e. a lifetime of support payments for any resulting babies and 20+ years devoted to the task. I don't know of a single 16 year old that is "ready." Horny ≠ ready.
    I have a good friend who was "ready" at that age, and has regretted it ever since. He ended up supporting a child that he barely even knew in a far away place.
    Ditto. There are emotional liabilities when a "minor" becomes involved in a relationship with a person of trust, or in other words, a person by way of their age and maturity has an "advantage" over the minor. This perpetrator had a relationship of power and control. She called the shots. The relationship was not equal. You cannot say with impunity that her relationship with the three victims was on an equal footing. Generally speaking, those under the age of 18 do not understand the responsibility, both emotionally and financially, they would incur by participating in behavior that has the consequence procreating offspring. I work with many adults that do not understand that yet either.
    Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow

14. Likes jman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Does she live in Utah? If so, get yourself a lawyer and send that pimp to prison! Problem solved!
    Are you a f'ing idiot? What would a lawyer do? Sue him? For what?

This is a criminal case. Only the state, not the victim, can prosecute. Already tried, she won't cooperate so the county attorney won't take the case. He's been pimping her out for months at $100 a pop and pocketing the money. Being a naive, guillable 16 year old, she says she wants to marry him because he buys her clothes every once in a while.

This is the kind of sick shit that happens when adults have sex with children. And yes, at 16 she is a child.

I'm done with this thread. There are some seriously twisted minds here.

16. Likes jman, dougr, tanya liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dougr View Post
    You don't get the big picture. The guys don't know they're victims.
    The bigger picture is that 16-year-olds can play, and that nobody should go to prison over playing with other people that are happy to play.

It would be great to interview these guys and hear what they have to say. But since they are ‘victims of a sex crime’, they are treated as protected witnesses. So, no interviews yet.

They now are very likely permanently scarred in terms of what to expect from relationships, boundaries between adults and children, and the standards of civilized society.
    Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how seriously each of them views sex. Everyone is quite different in this regard.

Doug R might pine over the loss of his love and need to talk to a counselor about it, while Iceaxe might have forgotten her name by the end of the week, but been suspicious that she stole beer out of his fridge, then started looking into ways of getting that beer back, but couldn't remember her name. Aww f*** it... he ain’t getting that beer back!

I would not want some of the values expressed in this thread anywhere near my kids. Such utter lack of wisdom and decency in many of the comments.
    I think wisdom and decency can be found in not taking sex so seriously. Or at least, being wise and decent enough to refrain from persecuting others that are nonchalant about it, then sending them to prison.

Or should we go backwards to the days of extreme slut-shaming, and burn her at the stake?

edit: Let me add this. I was a high school math teacher for 5 years. The thought of violating the deep trust I had between my kids and their parents is unthinkable. Have you considered that?
    I have considered, and I agree, very poor judgment on her part, and an abuse of her position. I’d hope no teacher in the universe behaves like this, but it is NOT a crime for a teacher specifically to do so.

I'm hoping to separate that thought in the minds of all on this thread, obviously a work in progress…

This is what I'd say to you, Slot. I guarantee I'm as libertarian as you are and I'd bet even more so.
    I don't label myself as anything. I'm not even a registered voter. I'm laziness and apathy personified when it comes to the political process.

But making a civilization takes hard work, high standards, expectations, and a decent populace. When raising kids, strong boundaries are necessary so they can become adults capable of governing themselves.

It might boil down to that. My order: 1. The continuance of civilized, decent society. 2. Maximum freedom. Your order: 1. Maximum freedom. - Continuance of society not a concern? I suppose like most Libertarians (not a derogatory comment, just an observation as I run with many), you either believe society will continue just fine since maximum freedom makes it axiomatic, or you don't care (ie, I live my life, they live theirs, whatever else happens isn't my concern).
    Instead of hijacking my own thread, and turning this fascinating topic into a political science debate, I'll point out that Europe is doing great with 16,15 and even 14 year old ages of consent. Their society continues just fine (arguably better than ours) within the parameters (16) that I'm suggesting we adopt. Can we agree on that they are doing pretty well?

This age limit would set Brianne Altice free, and make this case look like the farce that it is (like several Europeans are pointing out on the Free Brianne Altice Facebook page).

Quote Originally Posted by Bluff-Canyoneer View Post
    Are you a f'ing idiot? What would a lawyer do? Sue him? For what?

This is a criminal case. Only the state, not the victim, can prosecute. Already tried, she won't cooperate so the county attorney won't take the case. He's been pimping her out for months at $100 a pop and pocketing the money. Being a naive, guillable 16 year old, she says she wants to marry him because he buys her clothes every once in a while.

This is the kind of sick shit that happens when adults have sex with children. And yes, at 16 she is a child.

I'm done with this thread. There are some seriously twisted minds here.
    Whoa!

Let me rephrase, "Get yourself a county attorney and send that pimp to prison! Problem solved!"

Apparently makin' jokes about pimpin' ain't easy! I'll be more laser precise about my pimpin' jokes in the future.

20. Likes tanya liked this post
    Bogley BigShot
    Around 3 million cases of child abuse, including sexual abuse are reported yearly, and Teachers are in the front-line catching behavior of abused children who are too afraid to tell. Teachers are the people in the position to recognize home abuse and help children of all ages. Turning their back on the kids they teach, and preying on them instead of helping is disgusting to say the least. All school aged children deserve protection from the school staff.

What if these boys were abused at home? What if other kids in that class were and the Teacher ignored the signs?

Teachers need to learn they can't prey on children of any age, and if that takes a stiff sentence for someone who abused that power, then so be it, and if an adult is lusting after children they have no business being in a position where they have power over a kid. Kids are vulnerable and need to be protected from adults.

Day care workers, hospital staff, all types of schools, and other like-organization all need to keep kids safe that are in their care.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    I was married at the age of 16 already, and to a man 8 years older.
    How can a 16 year old legally wed (or even 15 in Utah), but having sex with a 16 year old be a felony?

Would all of her actions been perfectly legal had she done the drive-thru marriage thing with each of the dudes?

*confused*

If I could go back, I'd give myself the OK for sex at 16, but punch myself into a coma for getting married at 22! What a mistake!

Around 3 million cases of child abuse, including sexual abuse are reported yearly, and Teachers are in the front-line catching behavior of abused children who are too afraid to tell. Teachers are the people in the position to recognize home abuse and help children of all ages. Turning their back on the kids they teach, and preying on them instead of helping is disgusting to say the least. All school aged children deserve protection from the school staff.

What if these boys were abused at home? What if other kids in that class were and the Teacher ignored the signs?

Teachers need to learn they can't prey on children of any age, and if that takes a stiff sentence for someone who abused that power, then so be it, and if an adult is lusting after children they have no business being in a position where they have power over a kid. Kids are vulnerable and need to be protected from adults.

Day care workers, hospital staff, all types of schools, and other like-organization all need to keep kids safe that are in their care.
    I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you on this. I'm certainly not.

I'm surprised there are not laws against teachers having sex with students. But there are no such laws. It seems that she is being prosecuted for laws that some folks perhaps wish existed, which is unfair. Thus part of the outrage.

LOL. this thread is hilarious.

I'd post another reply, but I'm afraid dougy and Tanya would have to spend another hour trying in vain to show the trolls the error of their ways.

Fire away!

Bogley BigShot
    I know, but it reminds me why women stay away from Bogley. It just does not bother me because I am not trying to change anyone's mind. I know the trolls are lost causes, but once in a while I peek in just to see if someone might surprise me.

26. Likes jman liked this post
    Bogley BigShot
    Name:  funny8.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  20.1 KB

I know, but it reminds me why women stay away from Bogley.
    Hmmmm.... that reminds me that I should send Brianne Altice an invite to Bogley, it sounds like she would fit in here perfectly.

LMAO

29. Likes rockgremlin, Slot Machine liked this post
    Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Hmmmm.... that reminds me that I should send Brianne Altice an invite to Bogley, it sounds like she would fit in here perfectly.

LMAO
    From what I've read here, y'all are too old for her!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

31. Likes Slot Machine, jman, tanya liked this post