Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot for Teacher - Brianne Altice Sentenced

Hot for Teacher - Brianne Altice Sentenced

STORY UPDATED 7/9 @ 12:15

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A former Utah high-school teacher who pleaded guilty to having sexual relations with three of her students faces up to 15 years in prison when she is sentenced Thursday.

One of the boys was 16 and two were 17 when Brianne Altice had sex with them, and she continued one of the sexual relationships after she was first arrested two years ago, prosecutors say.

Altice, 36, cried as she pleaded guilty to three counts of forcible sexual abuse in April in return for prosecutors dropping 11 other charges.
    She sent a handwritten letter to Judge Thomas Kay asking him to impose a more lenient sentence, saying she is harmless and promising the crimes would not happen again.

Prosecutors say she befriended the boys, allowing them to hang out in her classroom, and the relationships later turned sexual.

One victim testified that the relationship began with kissing between class periods and eventually led to intercourse. Another said he considered her to be his girlfriend during their yearlong sexual relationship.

Defense attorney Ed Brass defended her by saying she was no longer the boys' teacher when the sex occurred. He later said she agreed to the plea deal because she wasn't sure what might happen at trial.

Altice was first arrested in October 2013 after a student reported having a relationship with her. The two other victims later came forward with similar allegations. She was out on bail until allegations emerged earlier this year that she had sex with one of the victims after her arrest. A judge then ordered her to jail.

Parents of two of the boys sued the school district, saying officials knew Altice was behaving inappropriately but didn't do enough to stop her. They said the running joke at the high school was, "Who is Ms. Altice sleeping with now?"

One lawsuit has since been withdrawn after state attorneys contended in court papers that schools aren't responsible for injuries arising from assaults. Another is still pending.

Altice was hired by the Davis County School District in 2004 and had been teaching English at the high school since August 2012. She was fired shortly after the allegations came to light, and her husband also filed for divorce and custody of their child.

Name:  o-BRIANNE-ALTICE-facebook.jpg
Views: 7105
Size:  20.4 KB

Name:  brianne-altice-lh-220.jpg
Views: 11349
Size:  44.9 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This news story is madness! A trial that I can scarcely believe is happening.

A crime is only a crime if there are victims. These boys are not victims, and most men on the planet would laugh at the thought. All 130lbs of my 16-year-old self would have tried to split her like a log, if given the chance.

Is Brianne Altice a good employee? Hell no! She should lose her job, and perhaps her teaching licensce. But prison?? For what?

4. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    This news story is madness! A trial that I can scarcely believe is happening.

A crime is a crime only if there are victims. These boys are not victims, and most men on the planet would laugh at the thought. All 130lbs of my 16-year-old self would have tried to split her like a log, if given the chance.

Is Brianne Altice a good employee? Hell no! She should lose her job, and perhaps her teaching licensce. But prison?? For what?
    Out of curiosity, f it were a male teacher and a female student, would your opinion (or that of the general public) be different?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

6. Likes tanya liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Out of curiosity, if it were a male teacher and a female student, would your opinion (or that of the general public) be different?
    Your opinion first, sir.

My opinion is that teachers (male or female) should not have sex with there minor students. Personally, I don't feel bad if she did some prison sentence because she continued the relationship after she was arrested.

In one way, I think it is more serious for male teachers to have sex with female students, since female students can get pregnant and there are more risk involved.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

9. Likes tanya liked this post
    My opinion is that teachers (male or female) should not have sex with there minor students.
    I agree with this from an employer standpoint. The lawsuits/pregnancies/mayhem that would result justifies this stance.

Personally, I don't feel bad if she did some prison sentence because she continued the relationship after she was arrested.
    Why? Who is the victim? Seems very harsh for having non-violent, non-coerced sex initiated by the boys. I don't think they consider themselves victims. One of them called her a "teacher with benefits". She shouldn't go to prison for being horny and stupid.

In one way, I think it is more serious for male teachers to have sex with female students, since female students can get pregnant and there are more risk involved.
    I *sort of agree with the sentiment of your statement* , because grown ladies seem have a better batting average with birth control than 16 year old girls. (This should be backed by a statistic and not my imagination)

*still formulating my own eloquent double standard*

The comments on KSL are going to make my head explode.

Several people are prattling on about how the boys "knew what they were doing was wrong", like they should go to jail as well.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35420995&nid...o-be-sentenced

Wow. Sentencing was just announced. This is where my tax dollars are going??

FARMINGTON — A former Davis High School English teacher who pleaded guilty to sexual activity with three students was ordered Thursday to spend at least two and up to 30 years in the Utah State Prison.

"I don't know if you are taking responsibility. I also wonder if you're in denial of what you've done," 2nd District Judge Thomas Kay told Brianne Land Altice before announcing his sentence.

Out of curiosity, if it were a male teacher and a female student, would your opinion (or that of the general public) be different?
    No, my opinion would not be different. I think the age of consent should be 16 regardless of gender. Most folks are ready and willing at that age, unless thoroughly brainwashed and deprived of education first.

I would be grossed out if the roles were switched, but I wouldn't be looking to send him to prison. To me, those seem like medieval laws invented by folks that didn't get laid in high school.

My only thought is dumbass kids... don't they know to keep your mouth shut when you have a good thing going....

15. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Bogley BigShot
    No adult should ever sexually touch a child. Period! If they do, then they need to pay for their crime. If a man or woman is having sex with any child under 18 they are sick and need treatment and punishment. I would not want any pervert like this touching my sons or my daughters and influencing them, or any kids for that matter. For a teacher to do this is horrific. Parents trust their kids with these people.

17. Likes REDFOX liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    No adult should ever sexually touch a child. Period! If they do, then they need to pay for their crime. If a man or woman is having sex with any child under 18 they are sick and need treatment and punishment. I would not want any pervert like this touching my sons or my daughters and influencing them, or any kids for that matter. For a teacher to do this is horrific. Parents trust their kids with these people.
    @tanya , I agree that this is horrific behavior for a teacher. She should never be allowed to teach again.

But calling these 16/17-year-olds 'children', viewing them as defenseless babies, does not seem reasonable. People that age can, and do, have sex with each other all of the time. It might sound cliche, but 16 is the new 18. I've heard of teens in Salt Lake that throw swingers parties at 16. Sounds crazy, but it's true. I think Utah laws should be updated to reflect current behavioral norms.

All three of these boys put the moves on her and succeeded. Nobody was held against their will. Nobody was coerced. Therefore, I see no crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    My only thought is dumbass kids... don't they know to keep your mouth shut when you have a good thing going....

EXACTLY!!

Those boys won the lottery -- not only is she hot, but there's bragging rights for life on top of that. To call these boys "victims" is laughable.

21. Likes Slot Machine liked this post

Coming from personal experience of being a 17 year old (in 2007) having banged a 30 year old....it was awesome. I was not inexperienced or some weak child. I was very willing and you don't even think about the per say "right" or "wrong" of it all because who is to say what is right and wrong. I think it's all in the intentions of the people within the group. Boy or Girl.

People love, people have sex, the law needs to change and people need to get over it. Especially when the punishment is worse then getting caught doing meth. 30 year old dude bangs your daughter because they are in "love", beat the shit out of him and talk to your kids more about love and sex. No need to waist my tax money on your lack of parental teaching.

24. Likes Slot Machine, Iceaxe liked this post
    Great post Ty.

Some photos from yesterday's sentencing.

Name:  130304.jpg
Views: 6645
Size:  28.5 KB

Name:  130294.jpg
Views: 2668
Size:  93.1 KB

Must.

Resist.

Handcuff.

Joke.

Lol. Go ahead with that handcuff joke. Everyone is already thinking it.

I wish more of my handcuff stories involved sex instead of police officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Most folks are ready and willing at that age, unless thoroughly brainwashed and deprived of education first.
    I have to disagree on the "ready" part. No one is "ready" for sex unless they are ready for the consequences both financially and emotionally, i.e. a lifetime of support payments for any resulting babies and 20+ years devoted to the task. I don't know of a single 16 year old that is "ready." Horny ≠ ready.
    I have a good friend who was "ready" at that age, and has regretted it ever since. He ended up supporting a child that he barely even knew in a far away place.

29. Likes Kuya, hank moon, jman liked this post