Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confederate Battle Flag

Confederate Battle Flag

The Confederate Flag thing seems to be getting out of control. The flag is absolutely a point of pride for Southerners who have an attachment to the Civil War. It is also a point of pride for redneck racist douchebags. But the great thing about this country is that you can be redneck racist douchebag (of any color) and not go to jail for it.

I don't think the flag should get taken down over government buildings. This country is supposed to be about freedom, even if it is freedom you find distasteful. The confederate flag is not a nazi flags, it has many more meanings than slavery.

The ten commandments however have no business being on government grounds in front of a courtroom. Separation of church and state.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This looks like a troll thread to me... jk.

I've been visiting the USA for over 30 years now, and I have never seen in the US the separation between State, Religion and Politics that one sees in post-war Europe. The three are intertwined in the US culture in an unnatural way, and I'm not sure that as a State, you have benefited from it.

I mean no disrespect in the above; just my observation.

Rob

5. Likes DiscGo, hank moon, Absolute Gravity liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The confederate flag is not a nazi flags, it has many more meanings
    As does the swastika... so I'm going with troll thread also.

7. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Yeah, you're right.... The Confederate Flag killed those 9 people in Charleston.

The problem of communication by symbol is you're not in control of how others interpret that symbol. Knowing your chosen symbol is offensive to a particular group and you choose to use it anyway is your choice. But it's one that shows sloppy communication and disregard for others.

Certainly the government shouldn't use it's speech representing its people in sloppy and knowingly rude ways.

10. Likes hank moon liked this post
    The flag is absolutely a point of pride for Southerners who have an attachment to the Civil War. It is also a point of pride for redneck racist douchebags.
    But you repeat yourself.

The ten commandments however have no business being on government grounds in front of a courtroom. Separation of church and state.
    Matter of law.

Confederate and Nazi flags flown over government buildings: matter of taste and respect. Also, nobody goes to jail for this.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    The whitehouse is celebrating diversity....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

14. Likes BruteForce liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    This is just more distraction from the liberal retards currently steering the truck slowly over the cliff. If this stands and continues as it is, the US Flag will be next. Mark my words.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    The whitehouse is celebrating diversity....
    Whoa! Point for oldno7!!!

This is just more distraction from the liberal retards currently steering the truck slowly over the cliff.
    After the shooting, Mitt Romney was one of the first to propose taking it down:

http://time.com/3929383/mitt-romney-confederate-flag/
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Now that South Carolina has taken down the flag, what do you think they will target and bitch about next?

By the way, is there anything to the fact that the SC State Trooper's uniforms there are Gray? Maybe they should change them!

And FWIW, the flag everyone is crying and bitching about is not even the Confederate flag (Stars and Bars) or the Confederate Battle Flag, it's the Confederate Navy Jack flown by the nearly non-existent Confederate Navy.

Blog Entries
    Now that South Carolina has taken down the flag, what do you think they will target and bitch about next?
    The extremely racist, intolerant, bigoted and white supremacist university - Dixie State University. In which I am alumni of (it was a College back then).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

And FWIW, the flag everyone is crying and bitching about is not even the Confederate flag (Stars and Bars) or the Confederate Battle Flag, it's the Confederate Navy Jack flown by the nearly non-existent Confederate Navy.
    It is the Battle Flag that was flying at the South Carolina Capital. The Navy Jack was taken down from The Citadel.

Washington Redskins are still around, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Gravity View Post
    It is the Battle Flag that was flying at the South Carolina Capital.
    It's actually the battle flag of the army of North Virginia (Robert E. Lee).... So a killer has his picture taken in front of a confederate navy jack and SC is forced to taken down the battle flag of the army of North Virginia.... the stupidity of all this never ceases to amaze......

23. Likes BruteForce liked this post
    SC is forced to taken down the battle flag of the army of North Virginia....
    What reason is there for it to be up in the first place? Why should it have a place of honor in the U.S.? Good riddance I say.

25. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    We need to ban bald people--they are an aryan symbol.....

democrats want to ban a part of American history, because they were and are the ones who still perpetuate slavery.

It has nothing to do with a flag.

Once you start down the road of banning, that which offends some, there is no end.

That is why we have a first Amendment.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

27. Likes Iceaxe, BruteForce liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    It has nothing to do with a flag.

Once you start down the road of banning, that which offends some, there is no end.

That is why we have a first Amendment.
    ^^^THIS^^^

Banning is a slippery slope... I might not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.