Thread: kIdDiE cAnYoNeErInG Part II - Double Arch Canyon

kIdDiE cAnYoNeErInG Part II - Double Arch Canyon

Canyoneering with kids is the best!

I have been on lots of canyoneering trips, and the ones where I get to go with my friend and his little kids are some of my very favorite. It is so neat to see the kids accomplish difficult things like canyoneering. These are the memories that will last a lifetime; especially for the kids and their dad

I had need to go check out Double Arch Canyon near Green River, Utah for an scout canyoneering trip. When I suggested the trip to my friend, he said he could go if he could bring his kids. I was totally fine with that, so Friday night rolled around and we headed down to camp near the trailhead to the canyon.

The canyon was beautiful. We were treated to a wonderful hike. Of course, since I was navigating we got a bit "lost" and kinda cliffed out, but we had ropes so we just rappelled down a 200' cliff instead of hiked back down and around. I think all agreed that the rappel was way more scenic and fun that the hike back down and around haha.

The canyon was full of water and proved to be a huge blessing. The weather was HOT and the water was a perfect way to cool off and rejuvenate after a "long" hike to the top of the canyon.

The canyon was a lot of fun. The kids did great and the hike was wonderful. Looking forward to the next kIdDiE cAnYoN with my friends.

Teaching the youngins how to stem

morning view from the tent!

Beautiful glow of the morning sun kissing the San Rafael Reef

Camp!

Love my little tent!

Beginning the hike

Wild flowers were abundant after the previous weeks rain

Dad helping his kids along.

Kyle just happy to be here!

Amazing views of the San Rafael Reef

FLOWERS! I loved seeing all of the pretty desert flowers.

Kyle was a bit nervous. It was his first time ever rappelling with a second person.

only 200' to go!

Water!

Dad helping his kids through the canyon obstacles.

can you swim with a child on your back?

Can you swim with a child on your head?

First look at Double Arch!

Family photo under the double arch. Beautiful.

The final rappel. What a view!

Fun times had in the pool below the arch.

The arch from the bottom.

CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

CanyoneerIng with your kids is the best.

4. Likes Sandstone Addiction, Kuya liked this post
    AMEN! Can't wait till i can go adventuring with my little guy. At 10 weeks, I think he is a bit too small still lol.
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

6. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Great pics!

Looking forward to taking my 8 yr old down his first official canyon this weekend - Keyhole.

8. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Keyhole would be awesome! I hear the trick is to keep them warm in the cold water. Let me know how it goes :)
    My YouTube Channel

Just following up: he absolutely loved Keyhole. Looking forward to many, many more in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Glad to hear it! I hope my little guy grows up to love adventuring with dad!
    My YouTube Channel