Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found Camera

Found Camera

I found a camera in Pine Creek on 6-21-15 at 8:30am. Please reply to this tread or PM me with some info about what photos you have on it. We will be in Zion until after we finish Imlay on Monday or Tuesday. I would love to hand it over to you while we are here. After that im willing to mail it.

2. Likes jmski00 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

i hope it is my camera!! i just PM you but i am new to bogley and was just getting on to post that i lost my camera in pine creek on saturday 6/20/15, you wouldn't believe what we went through to try to find it in the water! anyway i'm not sure how to check messages, could you please call me or text at 801-455-5626 and i can text you pics so you can see it is me. i went into more detail in the PM... thank you! i'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you Colleen. We were traveling home today. Im also sorry to tell you the camera i found is a different model and i found it about half way down the exit after the last rappel in pine creek. Tomorrow i will take some photos off of the camera of the people that i think are the owners

This is a group photo taken off the camera that i found in pine creek hopefully someone knows someone in this group.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1435078046229.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  87.9 KB

This is a photo of the couple that i think own the camera.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1435078197626.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  86.5 KB

8. Likes 2065toyota liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whansen View Post
    This is a group photo taken off the camera that i found in pine creek hopefully someone knows someone in this group.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1435078046229.jpg
Views: 655
    Cool photo, hopefully they post here so it can be returned.

1) Can you post larger pics (or original size) so we can look for logos or similar? Definitely looks like a guided trip, but I don't recognize those helmets. Maybe the sleeve of the guy on the right...
    2) Second image rotated:
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1435078197626.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  86.8 KB
    3) crop of t-shirt logo...hoping for a Google image match
    Name:  abcd2013.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  13.1 KB

Thanks Glenn for helping. Hopefully this is higher resolution. I don't believe this is a guided group only because I was actually standing in line at the backcountry desk the day before waiting to get a permit. And i think i saw one of the couples in line in front of me getting a permit for pine creek. Name:  DSCN1001.jpg
Views: 526

This is a close up of one of the couples pictured in the group photo. Name:  DSCN0998.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  65.6 KB

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Definitely looks like a guided trip, but I don't recognize those helmets.
    Guided trip because????

If one was going to pirate guide in Zion, Pine Creek would be just about the worst place to do it.

Tom

I would actually check with the wilderness desk...they might have left their contact info in case someone found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonater View Post
    I would actually check with the wilderness desk...they might have left their contact info in case someone found it.
    The Wilderness Desk has been notified, but have no reports of anyone missing a camera. The woman I spoke to says they are unable to contact the permit holders to notify them of the found camera.
    A friend of mine was in Pine Creek on 6-20 and says this group was right behind them, so we know what day they were in the canyon.
    I also posted the pics on several Facebook canyoneering groups to spread the word.
    I'll let you know if someone is able to identify anyone in the pics.

The day i found it i went to the Wilderness desk. The guy there said they don't handle lost and found stuff so he sent me over to the Information Desk. The person i worked with there was not helpful. The camrea also has the GPS stamp function for photos so i downloaded the software to read it. But no data there so they must not have turned that function on when they where taking pictures.

Well done for trying! Outdoor Community at work. My guess is they are from Germany.

Let's hope you are successful.

Rob

Yes i know we will find them with all of us working on it. I do think there from Utah because the guy is wearing a BYU hat in the one photo. Thanks for everyone's help.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    1) Can you post larger pics (or original size) so we can look for logos or similar? Definitely looks like a guided trip, but I don't recognize those helmets. Maybe the sleeve of the guy on the right...
    2) Second image rotated:
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1435078197626.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  86.8 KB
    3) crop of t-shirt logo...hoping for a Google image match
    Name:  abcd2013.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  13.1 KB
    The mountains in the background do look like they're from Northern Utah at least.

Well, maybe not "professionally guided", but certainly seems "coordinated" well. They do share your helmet-color fashion sense! :)

I'm disappointed that the Wilderness & Information folks weren't more helpful. I lost my cellphone in Checkerboard Pass a few years back and got it back the next day due to some extreme luck, kindness, and diligence on the part of a few NPS rangers.

They were the group behind me on 6/20/2015 when I went through Pine Creek. Some was taking them through, but I don't think it was a professional guide. I talked to the group after the hike. I think his license plate was from Utah. Ironically my group lost a camera as well, a Ricoh. And I broke my camera in Echo. Zion ate cameras that weekend.

It's mine!

Quote Originally Posted by whansen View Post
    I found a camera in Pine Creek on 6-21-15 at 8:30am. Please reply to this tread or PM me with some info about what photos you have on it. We will be in Zion until after we finish Imlay on Monday or Tuesday. I would love to hand it over to you while we are here. After that im willing to mail it.

It's mine! I will pm you with my information. My friend messaged me this morning saying she had seen it posted on Bogley's Facebook page. Wow I can't believe you found it. Thank you sooo much for posting!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting! What a great effort by the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"