Thread: Crazy animal in attic of old house

Crazy animal in attic of old house

Well me and my buddy Josh went to check out a potential metal detecting spot yesterday evening. I was already running late but he convinced me to go (it wasn't too hard). We pull up and start walking towards the old house and I was tempted to go grab the detector but I knew my wife would divorce me if I took much longer. Instead I walked in to the front door. I immediately heard something in the ceiling. To me it sounded like a snake slithering. I figured it was some rat snakes mating. I held my hand up to stop Josh. "I heard something in the ceiling." I whispered. Just as I said that an ungodly sound echoed from the ceiling. It was part hiss, part growl and a quarter gargle. "And on that note, it's time to get the heck out of here." Josh said.
    "No way man. I gotta know what's up there."
    Well, y'all know me. I went back to the truck and got the camera. This is what unfolded.

If something in the video doesn't make sense, I tried to explain everything in the description.

https://youtu.be/Zgp3bkIK2zk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beverly Hillbillies meets the Blair Witch Project.

But seriously, it's definitely a molting bird of some kind. I don't know if it's a bird of prey cuz the beak didn't look curved enough. What do juvenile turkeys look like?

It looks like a turkey vulture to me.
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Beverly Hillbillies meets the Blair Witch Project.

But seriously, it's definitely a molting bird of some kind. I don't know if it's a bird of prey cuz the beak didn't look curved enough. What do juvenile turkeys look like?
    A juvenile turkey doesn't look too much different than an adult female turkey.
    But these were turkey vultures. Some have told me I'm lucky to have not been vomited on due to it being, I'm guessing, their second line of defense.

Oh, and thanks for watching everyone!

And do I really sound like a hillbilly? Haha