Thread: Looking for constructive criticism on a video

Looking for constructive criticism on a video

Well, Ive been wanting to do something like this for quite sometime. Over the past 2 months me and my wife and our two children have set out with the camera in hopes to make it happen. This is the first time I have put music and video to my writing so I would love some constructive criticism regarding the cinematography, the writing and the entirety of the piece in general. Looking back on it now, I wished I would have had more experience with sound editing. Some folks online have said the music is too loud and the voice over is too soft while others have told me they could hear it fine. Anyways, since it is related to hunting and fishing I thought I'd share it with yall.
    Please let me know what y'all think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9aA...w0ioeZHDnTc7Rw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice! I heard everything just fine, good job.
    Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the Grave in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ...Holy Shit... What A Ride!

4. Likes deerhuntinghippie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jfeiro View Post
    Nice! I heard everything just fine, good job.
    Thanks for taking the time watch. I'm glad you were able to make out the voice over. I'm getting mixed reports on it.
    Thanks for the kind word!

I really liked the video. I thought the camera work was superb. Loved the voice over! Music choice was complementary to the video and voiceover as well. Did you write the script yourself?
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

7. Likes deerhuntinghippie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    I really liked the video. I thought the camera work was superb. Loved the voice over! Music choice was complementary to the video and voiceover as well. Did you write the script yourself?
    Thanks so much for the feedback amd for taking time to watch it.
    The piece started as a sort of stream of consciousness poem that I started writing one day I'm between trap sets and it just grew from there. It was my first time putting a story board together or even trying to come up with ideas that coincided with the words. I was also limited due to having young children. There were a few shots I really wanted to get but it would have been too dangerous for the kiddos.

9. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Sorry for any typos I'm very rushed at work right now.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    The voice over could have been a bit louder, but the vocals and words were awesome. I think the amount of bow-hunter images, coyote trap, etc.. were too much for the vocals, but I otherwise liked the video. The background music was perfect.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a deer/elk/turkey and goose hunter, but for me - the vocals and video didn't seem to jive..

Thanks for taking the time..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

12. Likes deerhuntinghippie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    The voice over could have been a bit louder, but the vocals and words were awesome. I think the amount of bow-hunter images, coyote trap, etc.. were too much for the vocals, but I otherwise liked the video. The background music was perfect.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a deer/elk/turkey and goose hunter, but for me - the vocals and video didn't seem to jive..

Thanks for taking the time..
    Thanks for giving it a look and for the feedback.