Thread: Stuck Rope Heaps

Stuck Rope Heaps

Our group stuck a 200ft Bluewater Canyon Pro on the second pitch of the final sequence in Heaps (above the bird perch). If anyone goes through we'd appreciate its return. Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

There are 11 permits pulled for Friday and 12 for Saturday. We are going Sunday, it will prob be gone by then, but if for some reason it isn't we will grab it.

I remember when there were not 11 canyoneers that did Heaps in an entire year, times they are a changeing. Or maybe I'm just getting old... now you kids get off my grass.

6. Likes mzamp liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I remember when there were not 11 canyoneers that did Heaps in an entire year, times they are a changeing. Or maybe I'm just getting old... now you kids get off my grass.
    I often wonder what percentage of pulled permits for canyons like Imlay and Heaps actually get used

My plan is to never stick a rope. My plan if I do stick a rope is to attach a small waterproof plastic tag and sharpie my name, address & telephone number in the hopes of getting it back.

I need a new 200' canyon pro. Anyone have room on their permit this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaChris View Post
    My plan is to never stick a rope. My plan if I do stick a rope is to attach a small waterproof plastic tag and sharpie my name, address & telephone number in the hopes of getting it back.
    As opposed to the ones who do plan on sticking ropes :-)

Sometimes it is poor planning, but sometimes it happens out of pure bad luck

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

11. Likes hikster11 liked this post
    Maybe stuck wasn't the appropriate word...the rope pulled from the anchor and got hung up on something as it fell.

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaChris View Post
    My plan is to never stick a rope.
    Now that's a good plan and as the one who stuck the rope in question I wish I had thought of it before.

To save myself, and all other canyoneers, any future misfortune I was wondering if you'd be willing to share the details of this plan of yours.
    Micah

My plan is to stick ropes on purpose. That way, I can go around and get to do the canyon again.
    Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow

15. Likes ratagonia liked this post