Thread: How'd everyone do in the draw?

How'd everyone do in the draw?

Well I got my email, unsuccessful all around. Can't believe it. You'd think I would have drawn one of my five choices. Last year I did not pull a tag for my first three choices. So this year with a preference point I thought I'd get it.

non resident
    1st choice - 1516 Panguitch 1:25 with point, not surprised I didn't get my first choice.
    2nd choice - 1517 Pine Valley 1:1 shot with a point. Thought for sure I'd draw this!
    3rd choice - 1529 Zion 1:1 chance
    4th choice - 1511 Dutton 1:1.3 shot
    5th choice - 1510 Monroe 1:1 shot

Confused, since Panguitch was my first choice last year I should have a preference point there but I'm not sure how that works with the bonus point from not drawing last year.

Only thing I can think of is that once you don't get your first choice then the BP doesn't matter anymore and I dropped into the 0 point category and then I had like a 1:30 or so chance for the areas above.

Am I totally misunderstanding this? Looks like I'll be going after the anterless pretty heavy. Frustrating, Hopefully I pull mule deer and elk in Nevada.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Your first choice is the only one that matters. The only way you would ever draw and 2nd or remaining choice is if there are leftover tags, which for those and most options there never would be any leftovers

Keep in mind points are also not area specific, but species specific. You can change areas as many times as you want in the drawing process and your points carry over.

I have a friend that didn't draw until he had 3 points. Very unlikely, but it does happen.

There are plenty of over the counter elk tags to buy so just change directions and head that way instead. Good luck on Nevada tags. I have 10 points in every species and havn't drawn. Nevada is hard place to draw a premium tag, but it will be worth the wait.

That being said, I have Pine Valley dedicated hunter, my wife drew Panguitch dedicated hunter, my dad drew premium Oak Creek muzzy deer, my daughter and brother both drew Pine Valley archery deer. My dad and I will also draw some good muzzy Elk tags in Colorado this year as they only work on a Preference point system and not really a draw and we have a ton of points there to use

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1432931879403.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  58.8 KB

10 years of building bonus points and we finally drew a premium colorado elk muzzleloader tag

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Got stiffed in Nevada too. Not totally unexpected since I'm applying in some premium deer and elk units. From reviewing the odds in NV and Utah, 2016 should be a very busy year. Oh well, looks like I'll be going after doe pronghorn again this winter. There are actually some leftover tags in NV for the second draw that I'd like but since you lose your points for any species once you draw, I'll have to hold off.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

7. Likes 2065toyota liked this post
    Ya. We hoping for a good nevada year next year also. My dad and I both have 10 points for deer, elk, antelope and both sheep. Won't be long before we can get a good unit for. Good luck on all your adventures

Got goose egged in the anterless draw too! My Utah luck sucks this year. I may buy the OTC archery elk tag. I'm still camping and fishing on Boulder the last two weeks of August so I guess if I'm seeing lots of spike or cow I may drop into Escalante and pick up the tag.

I'm thinking of switching my GS deer app to Boulder instead of Panguitch. I've been seeing some very impressive deer on that unit. Last November during the doe pronghorn hunt I saw one of the largest deer I've ever seen in my life. I was downwind in the middle of the day hiking up to a stream that I knew overlooked the valley where the pronghorn were chilling during the day. Anyways I come over the rise and there he is coming out of the trees with his back to me. I watched him through the binos for a good 30 minutes as he lazily drank and moved up canyon. He was a 4x and from what I could tell about 30" wide. Just massive.

2016 will be busy, by my calcs, in Utah, I should be 100% for my GS deer tag, 100% for doe deer, and 100% for cow elk. In Nevada I'll be 90% for buck antelope, 100% for cow elk, and 75% for buck deer. I'm going to have to be very careful when applying next year or I'll have a very expensive August.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

10. Likes 2065toyota liked this post