Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canyoneering conundrum: to continue with plans or not?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    If I was in your situation, I'd go with Keyhole combined with your drive down on day 1.

Day 2 go for Das Boot Subway,a great canyoneering experience and likely a super long day.

Day 3 wake up and smell the roses, yep, take it off from canyons and do a hike on the East side, depending on how much energy you have left.

My guess is, you won't get in the East side hike.

Try to make your trip a bit more casual and not a mad dash to notch your belt with as many canyons you can jam in to a 3 day trip.

Following this suggestion, might get you a future canyoneering partner. 3 days of death marches combined with long drives, will make you a bachelor canyoneer. Somewhere the idea is to have fun, making ones first indoctrination to canyoneering, long,painful,exhausting, scary is not something a potential, future partner should have to deal with.

If your idea is to scare your wife off from canyoneering and have a girlfriend lined up for future trips, your plan is solid.
    If your trying to develop a competent partner who will share your enthusiasm, relax more.

Some of us have enjoyed taking wifes and daughters on canyon trips for many years, the rest are on CC.
    Dang Kurt, rarely do I agree with every word. Well done sir!
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just an update:

The day before our flight my wife accidentally cut her toe. The cut was relatively deep, so the doctor recommended against the prolonged exposure to canyon water we would have had for part of our plans. Furthermore, Behunin seemed too formidable to my wife.

In the end we scrapped all our canyoneering plans and instead did easier hikes around Zion.

Thanks everyone for the help.