Thread: [Drone Video] Goblin Valley State Park

[Drone Video] Goblin Valley State Park

This has been in a few threads, but in all reality, it's about photography and videography so I thought I'd share here as well.

I took the drone down to the Goblin Valley State Park area with family and was fortunate to shoot a few clips. I've still got a long way to go to work out the kinks, feedback and critique is welcome.

Little Wild Horse Canyon drone footage

Wild Horse Window drone footage

2. Likes Writeabove, offpiste, oldno7, accadacca liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

NICE! I love stuff like that. Nice music choices too. You probably noticed the somewhat 'deeper' field of view on the second and third videos compared to the first one. I don't know if it's the lighting, the camera angle, or both, but the first one looked 'flatter' compared to the other two.

Re: legality - I've heard that the national parks have taken steps to ban drones but don't know how many parks have actually adopted the policy. Individual state park regs are likely different on that.

http://home.nps.gov/news/release.htm?id=1601

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/05/tech/i...te-drones-ban/

Thanks. Yes the wind was so bad on the goblin valley video that I had to do a lot of shakiness correction. Neither of my videos were shot in ideal conditions but oh well, I am satisfied with what I had.

Dont use it in a NATIONAL PARK!!!! I BEG YOU! It is ILLEGAL THERE! But nice work at these locations.

The first video my son (18) made with his drone (DJI Phantom) + GoPro. The video was GoPro Video of the Day.
    Video was shot before the drone ban in the NP.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaman View Post
    The first video my son (18) made with his drone (DJI Phantom) + GoPro. The video was GoPro Video of the Day.
    Video was shot before the drone ban in the NP.
    That's some cool footage. The DJI phantoms are nice drones too.

This is exactly how I want to film in Escalante Canyons. Thanks for sharing

10. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Fun videos! Did you get any negative feedback from any other hikers/tourists when you were flying?
    bearcanyon.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by gringorio View Post
    Fun videos! Did you get any negative feedback from any other hikers/tourists when you were flying?
    Not at all, primarily because I tried to stay away from people when flying, but when there were people around, they mainly just wanted to check it out and see how it worked, like some new cool futuristic gadget.

I do make it a point to "warn" people that I'll be flying a drone in the area, and ask if they have any objections. I've yet to receive any flack yet.

But when somebody finally does give me crap about "invasion of privacy" or something like that, I'll ask them if they can stop taking pictures and video from their cell phones, just in case I'm in one of the frames, it would be the same concept.