My Next Pony

Decisions...

Current Pony...Husaberg FE 390: 251 lbs

Husqvarna FE 350: 241 lbs

KTM 350 XCF-W: 236 lbs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Eat. Poop. Ride/Hike/Ski. maChete's Avatar
    I would go with Blue n white just to not be orange. The only thing I would do different is these bikes would all be 300's, but that's just me. I'm a die hard 2-smoke guy. :-)
    Roger That....Over!

4. Likes nelsonccc liked this post
    Love my 300

My older son showed up at the dunes friday. He rides one of the new wr 450's. He hadn't been with us since we moved over to two strokes. I really thought he would put the hurt on us. We pulverized him. It's the first time I had been on a 4 stroke since going over to the dark side. He stole mine so I had to ride his. Could not believe how heavy and sluggish it was. Can you imagine how happy my 14 year old was when he could smoke his older brother racing up the fingers. When I rode the 450 I couldn't even run with them. It was really surprising.

Needless to say in the market for another 300.

I would do an xc. Throw a Rekluse in and rock on.

Right on Mark. I'm with ya there. I ride a 2013 300XC with a ReKluse. Love it! And I have never ever been beat in the dunes by a 4-stroke. But I ride a CR500 there. :-)
    Roger That....Over!

Yeah the blue and white is more exotic... The Husky's have the linkage too...

If I got a 2 stroke it would be an XC-W. It's 9 lbs lighter than the 350, which would be nice.

Comparing a WR 450 to a KTM 300 or 350 is no comparison. Hell even a KTM 450.

I don't think the 300 gives much of an advantage on the trails over a 350. Different strokes for different folks. It's about the rider...

All that is very true, except the part about the 300XC-W. Get an XC before an XC-W. The XC has linkage, XC-W doesn't. Plus the transmission on the XC-W has a lower 1st and 2nd then there is a big gap to 3rd. Most aggressive riders (like yourself) doesn't like the XC-W trannys. Also the XC has some higher quality components over the XC-W. You can always add lights to an XC with ease.
    Roger That....Over!

Ah, good to know about the XC.

I think the xcw and xc 2nd is same or very close. Just first lower. On paper they may only show a bit lighter but when riding feel way lighter. My buddy has a 350. Feels substantially heavier.

So what's the big deal with the linkage?

Having owned both I feel the linkage setup is far superior to the PDS. I like the feel of it much better and it seems to track straighter. Most of the guys I ride with prefer the linkage as well. It's personal preference.
    Roger That....Over!

I have both and I can't tell any difference. I just feel with Rekluse close ratio tranny better.

I only have the 14 xc me likes it a ton.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

I'll tell you what. These two smokies are a hoot. With my 500 you call almost not stall it but? with the 300 all it takes is a 1/4" of clutch work and you are back in the game like right now baby.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

My Next Pony

I guess I need to get some real seat time on a 300., preferable near stock.

Now don't be bashful as you have many friends to help you out with seat time Hint Hint.
    PS **** stock I got a spring for you brother.:-)

The XC will come out of a corner faster. The xc-w will give you better control on the nasty shtuff. I love my xc.
    I think if you ride hard you will not notice any difference. BUt the w does have a bit of gear difference. My 500 has no linkage and the 500ex-c will come out of corners faster than mine. For what it's worth I feel the same with the 300's But really first and second gear are over rated anyhow.

If you're not sure you can save some money and buy my 2014 race built (Skylers Practice ride) for 7200 and I'll even through in a new in the box 3.0 pro Recluse and all three power valve springs just in case you need to do what I did to find out. I went with the medium myself the light was a total light switch and unmanageable . The stock sucks and was not enough but the med range rocks ass bro. Good everywhere.

Don't get me wrong this bike will smoke my 500 in the turns and such but it will not hold a candle to the sand climbs............
    I love it and it it easy to throw around and takes half the energy to ride.

I know I have givin these boys with 2-ts a lot of shit but they are bad ass to ride and the fun factor goes right through the roof.

NO BIKE WILL DO IT ALL

I love my big bore 500 also and have launched up shit the 2-ts can only dream of. TRUST ME. ;-)
    When you have like 18" and your in sand and looking at a 14 footer waterfall it is nice to have 2nd gear and a big bore 4-T to make it work.