Thread: Morocco Canyon - Not Once but Twice!

Morocco Canyon - Not Once but Twice!

Morocco Canyon has eluded me for years now. Every Time I have tried to run that canyon, something happened that made it so I couldn't. Well, not this time! I was attending a Canyon Rescue Course at North Wash Outfitters, and we had a free morning that Friday. It didn't take much to convince my classmates to wake up early and run Morocco Canyon during our time off!

The canyon was great! One of the best mini slots I have done. Since it didn't take long to run, and because we had time still, we decided to go through the canyon twice! Second time with minimal gear, and extra rope!

Enjoy the video :D

TR with pics can be found HERE
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

2. Likes Iceaxe, Slot Machine liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice Blake! Each one of your videos is better than the last one.

The sound editing on the bellyflop was epic. ALL of your editing is epic... an underrated skill.

We should get together with a friend that has a quadcopter and film something (even more) amazing.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

5. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Excellent video! Morocco was my second solo canyon, so it holds affection for me. (It was all but dry when I did it in 2011).

Rob

7. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Nice Blake! Each one of your videos is better than the last one.

The sound editing on the bellyflop was epic. ALL of your editing is epic... an underrated skill.

We should get together with a friend that has a quadcopter and film something (even more) amazing.
    Thanks Bob! That means a lot. I am totally game for getting together and shooting some footage with my gopro and your buddies drone. sounds like fun!
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Excellent video! Morocco was my second solo canyon, so it holds affection for me. (It was all but dry when I did it in 2011).

Rob
    That would be a fun canyon to solo!
    My YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post

I've been thinking that a quad copter view of the initial descent into Alcatraz would be really great!

11. Likes Kuya liked this post
    I'm a little surprised at the amount of water - everything has been so dry!
    Nice video Blake - enjoyed it.

13. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by peakbaggers View Post
    I've been thinking that a quad copter view of the initial descent into Alcatraz would be really great!
    THAT would be a cool shot!!
    My YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by peakbaggers View Post
    True! One of the most dramatic shots in all of canyoneering.

However, if you are going to bother hauling a drone, you'd want to have a lot of shots of canyoneers doing their thing, in order to make a good video. This would require a slot that is somewhat open when viewed from above (Alcatraz certainly is not).

Something like a The Blarneys or The Black Hole would probably provide a day's worth of good footage...
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM