Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Products That You Loved That They Quit Making

Products That You Loved That They Quit Making

National Geographic TOPO mapping software.

Nike Revero canyoneering shoes.

and don't even get me started on Pontiac's.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Chevy Chevettes, Corvairs, and Ford Pintos!

Ditto on that.

Also the Powermax fuel and stoves.

Also, off road capable 4x4's (even though most didn't get good fuel mileage; maybe with modern technology they would much better in this regard). What is there left? I guess there is the Wrangler Rubicon and Tacoma TRD. The Frontier X Runner and Xterra maybe, and maybe even the 4Runner and some version of the Grand Cherokee do OK. All the rest seem to be extinct (or did I miss a few?).
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Manual transmission 4Runners.

Qualuudes.

Toyota FJ Cruisers

Garbage Pail Kids

10 cent Willy Wonka Everlasting Gobstoppers

Every single part for my automatic sprinkler system
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Garbage Pail Kids
    LOL. I remember those days. I collected almost every card in that series.

8. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Nike Moab (shoes)
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Burst-proof blow-up dolls

11. Likes Slot Machine liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

I have added to my collection via eBay. And I too am ticked off that Topo! on PC/Mac was discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post

Also, off road capable 4x4's (even though most didn't get good fuel mileage; maybe with modern technology they would much better in this regard). What is there left? I guess there is the Wrangler Rubicon and Tacoma TRD. The Frontier X Runner and Xterra maybe, and maybe even the 4Runner and some version of the Grand Cherokee do OK. All the rest seem to be extinct (or did I miss a few?).
    And along the same lines would be a no frills pickup truck. I dont need power everything.

Also Nalley's chip dips and Cimmaron chili.

Costco used to make chocolate chocolate chip cookies. They replaced that with the white chip macadamia nut cookies. Horrible marketing decision.

Absolutely brain dead stupid idea. Those used to be my favorite cookies, and if you ever took them to a party they would disappear within minutes. Now if you take the macadamia cookies to a party they'll sit there till Christ comes again....or you toss them into the dumpster, whichever comes first.

16. Likes qedcook liked this post
    Has lawn darts been mentioned yet?

When I was about 10 I got a set for my birthday, they were actually a lot of fun. I just laugh when I think of the liability issues if someone tried to bring them to market in this candyass day and age.

18. Likes 2065toyota liked this post
    How about Butterfinger BB's? Does everyone remember those?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Standard Gas Stations (Now Chevron) $.25/gal. gasoline!

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    Standard Gas Stations (Now Chevron) $.25/gal. gasoline!
    Enco also had it at $.24.9/gal. too! (now Exxon)

http://stuffnobodycaresabout.com/201...rs-1967-style/

I must be a dispassionate bastard because I can't really think of anything that fits the bill, and I've been trying since this thread was started.

I can sympathize a bit with the auto comments. Would be cool if Toyota still sold solid front axle rigs, but my FJ gets me anywhere I want to go, as would a Tacoma. I guess I miss snickering at doofuses driving shiny new Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles just off the lot, but GM still makes plenty of other cars.

So, I don't know. Lead paint, asbestos, and cloth diapers were all pretty awesome am I right?

Would be cool if Toyota still sold solid front axle rigs, but my FJ gets me anywhere I want to go
    They don't make the FJ anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    They don't make the FJ anymore either.
    Is true, and I do like my FJ, though 10 years from now I probably won't care that much. I guess I'll add my previous rig to the list also, the Land Rover Discovery. The essential pieces of it were tuff as hell, EVERYTHING else on it was as brittle as a saltine cracker. Owned it longer than any of my other cars.

25. Likes double moo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Gravity View Post
    ...cloth diapers ...
    You mean you can't buy terry towels in the USA?