Thread: Tommy D Wetsuit sizing

Tommy D Wetsuit sizing

Hey all,

I am about to buy a 3MM full wetsuit from Tommy D Sports. Using the measurements provided on their website I am pretty much exactly between a L and an XL. Does anyone have any experience with the sizing of these suits, whether they run a little large or a little snug? Also if they run true to size, any advice if I should go a little bif or a little small? Thanks for any help.

Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Definitely go down. I was in between a medium and a large and went with the large because I had an old medium wetsuit that was pretty snug. I regretted it and had to send it back. The pattern is what I would call a relaxed fit; it's not like the slim, tight fit that you'd expect from a surfing wetsuit. Once I received my medium size, it fit well. I just used it on Saturday and was very pleased with it. It turned my $80 wetsuit into $110 once shipping to and from was paid for.

My experience is with this wetsuit:
    http://www.tommydsports.com/products/pages/8803.htm

Quote Originally Posted by GueroSteve View Post
    Definitely go down. I was in between a medium and a large and went with the large because I had an old medium wetsuit that was pretty snug. I regretted it and had to send it back. The pattern is what I would call a relaxed fit; it's not like the slim, tight fit that you'd expect from a surfing wetsuit. Once I received my medium size, it fit well. I just used it on Saturday and was very pleased with it. It turned my $80 wetsuit into $110 once shipping to and from was paid for.

My experience is with this wetsuit:
    http://www.tommydsports.com/products/pages/8803.htm
    Thanks Steve. That is the one I am looking at as well. I'm also glad to get the smaller size as it's only $62 shipped. Not too shabby.

I have had multiple wetsuits from TommyD. I agree with Steve that, in general, the fit is more relaxed than snug. However, the sizing is not the same for all models. The same size in different models can be cut very differently. For example, the torso length in their 5 ml suit (8803) is longer than in their 3ml suit (9803) by almost 2 inches.