Thread: Hanksville Shuttle Needed: April 18 from Burr Point to West Rock Canyon

Hanksville Shuttle Needed: April 18 from Burr Point to West Rock Canyon

I am planning a trip and am looking for someone to pick us up at Burr Point and drive us to the West Rock Canyon trailhead early morning on April 18. It anyone lives in Hanksville and wants to make some extra cash, PM me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by reverse_dyno View Post
    I am planning a trip and am looking for someone to pick us up at Burr Point and drive us to the West Rock Canyon trailhead early morning on April 18. It anyone lives in Hanksville and wants to make some extra cash, PM me.
    Here is a picture of the entire town of Hanksville-

Name:  Hanksville.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  57.7 KB

I don't see any shuttle drivers...

And... where in the world is West Rock Canyon?
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

And... where in the world is West Rock Canyon?
    I assume he means the West Fork of Rock Canyon SW of The Block. I assume he has a big hike between there and Burr Point planned.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Oh I see.

This is still a one-in-a-trillion kind of request.

Dyno should provide specifics, in order to improve his chances. Like;

GPS coordinates or mile markers of the pick up and drop off points.
    How many miles in between points.
    Total miles for the driver.
    And most importantly, price to be paid.

Not even the best Samaritan would give Dyno the time of day without this info. And no Samaritan is going to calculate those miles, it's waaaay too much work!

Even then, there is no Samaritan in Hanksville that would provide that service. The population is only 215, and it isn't Springdale, nobody gives a flying cow pie about canyoneering in Hanksville.

So,

If I was Dyno, I'd look for a hiking buddy that has a car, a plentiful commodity that can be found on Bogley. Then set up your own shuttle. Done!

TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Oh I see.

This is still a one-in-a-trillion kind of request.

Dyno should provide specifics, in order to improve his chances. Like;

GPS coordinates or mile markers of the pick up and drop off points.
    How many miles in between points.
    Total miles for the driver.
    And most importantly, price to be paid.

Not even the best Samaritan would give Dyno the time of day without this info. And no Samaritan is going to calculate those miles, it's waaaay too much work!

Even then, there is no Samaritan in Hanksville that would provide that service. The population is only 215, and it isn't Springdale, nobody gives a flying cow pie about canyoneering in Hanksville.

So,

If I was Dyno, I'd look for a hiking buddy that has a car, a plentiful commodity that can be found on Bogley. Then set up your own shuttle. Done!

The King of Snark (me) is dead! Long Live the New King of Snark (Slot)!!!!

Yeah, what he said, though it could be said much nicer.

There are people in Hanksville that value canyoneering and canyoneers. They are on the volunteer SAR team and have come out to pluck a few people out of the canyons. Just not all that many.

Yes, figuring out and stating the logistics, including how much you want to pay, would be a good way to get someone interested in this odd task.

Tom

7. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    My statement is revised below, to meet the standards of the esteemed Mr. Ratagonia:

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Even then, there are few Samaritans in Hanksville that would provide that service. The population is only 215, and it isn't exactly Springdale. There are only 5 people that give flying cow pie about canyoneering in Hanksville; they are the brave and respected members of the volunteer SAR team.

But they only drive people one direction... AWAY from canyons!

This is why I love Bogley :). Normally the shuttle drive names their price, not the person looking for the ride. Kinda like a taxi does. Now everyone will say they will give me a ride for $10,000 in cash. Of course if you have a car and want to come on a week long canyon backpacking trip, that might work as well.

10. Likes jman liked this post
    Does this mean there is no Uber out there?

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reverse_dyno View Post
    This is why I love Bogley :). Normally the shuttle driver names their price, not the person looking for the ride. Kinda like a taxi does. Now everyone will say they will give me a ride for $10,000 in cash. Of course if you have a car and want to come on a week long canyon backpacking trip, that might work as well.
    I'm trying to set you up for success. There is not an overabundance of supply - the problem is to get someone interested. Start with 20$... move it up till you get one of the dirtbag climbers from Moab interested in making the journey.

What might be more effective is to query who is going to be in North Wash in this time period, and then try to work out a car shuttle arrangement with them in this time period. If I was down there at about this time, I might be interested in moving a van from point A to point B within X time period, rather than driving your gang somewhere on a specific date - which might be worth considering.

Tom