Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Strava Club

Just joined. Now I'll find out how really slow I am.

2. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    FWIW- I resisted Strava for years, mostly because I knew a lot of asshats that used it. I only joined because of Bogley, but now I've used it I'm extremely impressed with the program. What it does is amazing and the cost (free) is hard to beat.

Also for those using My Fitness Pal to count calories the two programs can be linked to automatically record your exercise/calories burned.
    Yep, Strava is actually a pretty cool program. For me, I don't care so much about comparing times with others (although, admittedly, I do check it out!), but I compare against my own times. I like tracking yearly mileage and stuff like that, too. Another big benefit is it helps me quantify a ride can compare it to other rides I might want to do of similar elevation gain or distance, so I know what I'm doing and what I'm in for.

I have been using track my fitness for my rides and have not had any complaints. I will give this strava a try and see it it as great as you guys say it is.

Dang. Just 11' shy of 10,000' of climbing for the week. If I had known I was that close...I would have done 10 jumping jacks or something!
    Are we there yet?

Damn... I hit a tree today chasing a Strava record and went over the bars while hauling ass. I lost some skin on my shoulder and back. Lesson learned... I'm too old to be doing that type of shit.

Yikes! I stopped chasing downhill Strava records when I switched to a hardtail. Just not worth the risk at my age.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Yikes! I stopped riding a hardtail. Just not worth the risk at my age.
    There. I fixed it for you Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    There. I fixed it for you Steve.
    Ha! Nice, but I love my hardtail! I actually demo'd a full suspension 2 weeks ago for an entire week. Yes, there were some things I enjoyed about it and I think I PR'd on a couple of downhill runs up AF but, at the end of the week I kept thinking I want my hardtail back. Of course I timed the demo just right to coincide with replacing my old, worn out fork on my hardatil with this bad boy and it's made my bike just that much more enjoyable:

Name:  Fox.PNG
Views: 208
Size:  136.0 KB
    Are we there yet?

Yikes! I stopped chasing downhill Strava records when I switched to a hardtail. Just not worth the risk at my age.
    It wasn't downhill where I crashed. It was an uphill route, but I hit a section where I knew the grade was mild for the next half mile so I really droped the hammer. I was in my big gears and was probably doing 20 mph. But Strava was still to blame as I knew where the Strava marks were and was trying to hang up an impressive number. I stopped chasing downhill records long ago.

I love my hardtail, especially since mine is a single speed! There's something about the simplicity, whenever I ride I full suspension I feel like there is so much lost energy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

13. Likes tallsteve liked this post
    Chasing records...I never do that. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Chasing records...I never do that. Lol.
    Yesterday on Ann's from tunnel to top.

And from Clark's Bridge to top of Ann's

Now you have something to shoot for....

Like I said, I don't chase records. They just come to me.

Ooh, Shane throwing down! Chasing that PR will have to wait for a few months as I'm having too much fun riding AF Canyon at the moment. By late fall, after riding all summer at the 8,000' level, riding Corner Canyon will feel like riding at sea level.
    Are we there yet?

I'll be ready for you. I'm a Ride Leader (coach) with the Corner Canyon High School MTB Team and we started training last week for the fall race schedule. By the end of August I should be putting up some monster times :-)

Ooh, Shane throwing down! Chasing that PR will have to wait for a few months as I'm having too much fun riding AF Canyon at the moment. By late fall, after riding all summer at the 8,000' level, riding Corner Canyon will feel like riding at sea level.
    I hear it's better to train at 9000 feet. I hear... ;-)

Not much MTB-ing in Burley Idaho, so the road bike followed me up there this weekend. Long, tough climb on the road, but it was beautiful up there. Strava tells me that I'm the leader on every segment compared against the Bogley Club.

21. Likes nelsonccc liked this post
    Have been in Island Park / Yellowstone the entire week. Zero bike rides for me. I am dying. I can hear my bikes crying from here.
    Are we there yet?

I rode the Mill Canyon climb and Mud Springs descent in AF canyon this weekend for the first time. Mill is a long-ish climb, and alas super Steve has me beat on the climb. That Mud Springs descent is a little lively. Great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    Mill is a long-ish climb, and alas super Steve has me beat on the climb.
    Probably not by much I'm guessing.

I ran into Zoso near the 4-way intersection on Saturday morning but, didn't realize it was him until I was watching the "flyby". Looks like you were right behind him?
    Are we there yet?