Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Strava Club

I had the same thing happen to me on a steep climb in AF Canyon. He got on my tail and starting yelling "Strava!". I yelled back that I would pull over as soon as we came to a more suitable spot for passing and re-starting. I took my time. He wasn't a happy camper when I finally let him pass.
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Funny. I've never witnessed the "Strava" yelling -- I thought it was just urban legend!

OK.... I finally installed Strava.

My next question is... How do I Strava... I get the general concept, hit record when I start riding. I think I added Shane, Scott, Steve and Christian. How do I get to the bogley.com group?

Under "Explore" at the top you'll find the "Club" tab. Click on that and type in BOGLEY.COM and it should come up.
    Are we there yet?

hmmm.... is this a Premium only feature?

It shouldn't be. I am a premium member but, it looks like there are only 2 of us premium members in the Bogley club so there has to be a way to join.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    hmmm.... is this a Premium only feature?
    The feature is available to everyone, but it's a little hard to find...

Dashboard >> Explore >> Clubs
    In the search box enter "Bogley.com"

Also there is really no need to follow us individually if we are in the club as you are really following everyone in the club.

Hmmm, I'm cornfused, I'm just not seeing the clubs tab
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1433434936337.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  226.0 KB

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Try doing it on a PC. It will be easier.
    Are we there yet?

I think you have to do it from a computer. I couldn't find it on my iphone.

I can't find it on my Android, logging in on a computer gives you a lot of other options not available on the app. The main function of the app is to make recording your ride simple.

FWIW- I resisted Strava for years, mostly because I knew a lot of asshats that used it. I only joined because of Bogley, but now I've used it I'm extremely impressed with the program. What it does is amazing and the cost (free) is hard to beat.

Also for those using My Fitness Pal to count calories the two programs can be linked to automatically record your exercise/calories burned.

Speaking of Strava, look at all of my AF Canyon KOM's from Tuesday!

Name:  KOM.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  54.6 KB

When I first saw my stats I was like, wow, I got really fast over the winter, until realized that the trails have been closed and I was the first one to ride them for the year! The jokes on me!
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I can't find it on my Android, logging in on a computer gives you a lot of other options not available on the app. The main function of the app is to make recording your ride simple.

FWIW- I resisted Strava for years, mostly because I knew a lot of asshats that used it. I only joined because of Bogley, but now I've used it I'm extremely impressed with the program. What it does is amazing and the cost (free) is hard to beat.

Also for those using My Fitness Pal to count calories the two programs can be linked to automatically record your exercise/calories burned.
    I resisted the premium for awhile but it adds so many features. Especially if you track your heartrate. I love it's connectivity with so many other programs.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

FWIW- I resisted Strava for years, mostly because I knew a lot of asshats that used it.
    This is primarily why I haven't done it, I'm anti compete when it comes to riding, and I just use My Tracks by Google to track my ride and give me stats. But I'll give it a whirl. I'm absolutely horrible on the climb, partially to my 3X operated on knees and my heavy bikes that I love to ride. But if I can measure the downhill, I can probably compare pretty good to above average.

This is primarily why I haven't done it, I'm anti compete when it comes to riding, and I just use My Tracks by Google to track my ride and give me stats. But I'll give it a whirl. I'm absolutely horrible on the climb, partially to my 3X operated on knees and my heavy bikes that I love to ride. But if I can measure the downhill, I can probably compare pretty good to above average.
    I mainly just check myself against myself. Both uphill and downhill are very deflating if you look at the overall stats. It's hilarious to ride some super popular segments like Clarks or Armstrong in Park City and feel like you were killing it, only to find out that you rank 4,579th out of 5,000 people. Good times.

I will say that the Strava software is pretty amazing and I love geeking out on the FlyBy feature.

Yes I guess it would be a good tool to measure against yourself. My problem is I'm riding different bikes now, stopping to take pictures, adjust the video camera, things like that so timing hasn't been much of a motivation for me. But it will be interesting to see if I improve over the year.

I like the stats part of Strava. The one I focus on most is my elevation gain for the year. I've always liked to climb although it's getting tougher and tougher at my age and going forward.
    The FlyBy'd page makes me giggle every time I watch one of my rides!
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    I mainly just check myself against myself. Both uphill and downhill are very deflating if you look at the overall stats. It's hilarious to ride some super popular segments like Clarks or Armstrong in Park City and feel like you were killing it, only to find out that you rank 4,579th out of 5,000 people. Good times.

I will say that the Strava software is pretty amazing and I love geeking out on the FlyBy feature.
    A lot of this are guys who straight up focus on just one section. There was a guy I ran into a month or so ago stopped up a hill, off trail, pointed at another trail. I asked him if he was okay and he said he wanted to get a running start on the segment below so he was going to blaze trail so he could hit the segment at speed. I told him that was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard of. Especially since there are massively wide discrepancies in the gps devises and phones used. If I go on a ride with my buddy, sometimes I'll have my android phone running strava and my Edge 500. My buddy will run strava on his iphone. The edge will be the most accurate by a long shot and the segment times and speed and distance can vary a ton between the phones. My buddy makes fun of me cause he always has an extra couple tenths of a mile after a ride.

I love the edge 500 but it is cool when I wear bluetooth headphones and strava will announce the start of a segment and will give you rel time updates on your status through the phone.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I just use My Tracks by Google to track my ride and give me stats.
    I was using My Tracks before I switched to Strava. Strava is at least 100 times better than My Tracks.

Strava has definitely made me a better rider. I've worked real hard this year to get my average MPH up and I'm now peddling at about 15% better than I was two months ago.