Thread: Playin' Around

Playin' Around

I've been looking for some beta on Playin' Around (a side canyon of Foolin' Around) but I can't seem to find any beta anywhere. Anybody know of any? And yes, I tried searching in Bogley, so sorry if this is a repeat post.

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by qedcook View Post
    I've been looking for some beta on Playin' Around (a side canyon of Foolin' Around) but I can't seem to find any beta anywhere. Anybody know of any? And yes, I tried searching in Bogley, so sorry if this is a repeat post.

Thanks in advance.
    From Tom's site:

" A canyon comes in on the left – this is “Playin’ Around”, a short, fun downclimbing slot with a bit of high stemming and a bit of a tight squeeze to it. (Follow slickrock up on the left side and work over into the canyon. The final narrow section is really cool, but requires a bit of off-the-ground work and a bit of squeezing)."
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Yes, that is right. It's really fun and doesn't take long at all. Pretty great elevator in there, about 30 feet up if I can remember...Fun stuff

Cool, thanks. How's the stemming difficulty compared to other canyons like Alcatraz and Middle Leprechaun?

If you aren't a big person you can just elevator down to the bottom and walk out...The stemming was up about 30 feet or so, not too difficult (though you thought's on what might be hard could be different than mine). I also did this side canyon when my wife and I were still beginners, so my perception might be a bit off.