Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Corner Canyon Conditions

CC should be dried out by this afternoon, at least the south facing stuff you have been riding.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cool- thanks!
    Are we there yet?

It was in good shape when I started at 7 AM, just a little wet here and there. The rain had stopped when I left my house and got to the EQ parking. However...I started to feel a few sprinkles as I was coming down rattler and then as I headed north on the BST toward the bridge I could see a storm. Well, I rode right into it as you can see from my Strava pictures. It was a whiteout up there! I rode back up the CC road and there was snow everywhere, so I went back down gasline, etc to get back. The trails do dry out quickly and the sun was coming out as I got back to the EQ parking. When I came down though, everything was very wet.

Maybe I'll go for a road ride then.
    Are we there yet?

Potato Hill and Red Potato are now open. By combining the two you can make a fun little loop. The Red Potato climb is one of my favorites. It looks vicious from the bottom, but is much easier then it appears. It's a nice constant grade with no gut busters along the way.

Ann's still has a lot of snow and mud so everything above Potato Hill is still closed.

Ghost Falls is now open (By that I mean from the falls up to the Jacob's Ladder/Ghost Falls Trailhead.

The entire length of BST is open from Bear Canyon to Point of the Mountain.

Rode the upper Ghot Falls this morning. There as one corner that was still muddy - a 60' hike-a-bike will get you around it!

Got some bad intel on Rush being open and dry rom a rider we know who rode it. We dropped in from the top to find the first few curves nice and dry. Then hit some snow - rideable - and some mud - hikeable - all in all 95 % rideable. The worst of it was how torn up it is wherever you have to cross the Questar construction. At one crossing it was a 5' drop below the trail - had to climb down and hand the bikes across. We shouldn't have been on the trail... Best advice is to give it a miss until Questar is done - supposed to be in May.

Thanks for the continued Intel. Went riding there on Saturday. Thanks to @accadacca for the ride info.

Ghost falls, gasline, bear canyon and a couple of wrong turns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

9. Likes accadacca liked this post
    BigRed72, you should join the Strava Bogley group and you can see everyone's ride. There is also a Strava widget on the right side of this forum. It makes following those on Bogley easy as most the regular MTB's to this forum belong.

Damn! Glad I got out Monday morning! It looks like I may be on my stationary bike for a while. How many days until it will dry out? Maybe the mud will be frozen in the mornings...

I'm guessing Thursday afternoon CC will be dry to ride, at least the south facing stuff.

Rode tonight on the fattie (5:00 to 6:30). Orson, rattler, gasline, ghost, bst, virtually dry, A few damp spots but no "mud" to speak of. Came home with clean tires. It was just starting to snow at 6:25 as we were blasting down CC Road to beat the storm.

Corner Canyon Conditions

I took my fat bike this morning just in case and wish I would have had my skinny tire! I figured I would start at Orson and just ride the CC road up if anything and to gauge conditions. Well the CC road is completely dry! So I headed up rattler, then upper ghost. All good! Upper ghost above the bridge might get a little soft during the day, but totally rideable. 90% of the trails were dry. Snow on both sides of the trail.

I saw two guys going down canyon hollow. The trails on that side look to be getting close.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I saw two guys going down canyon hollow. The trails on that side look to be getting close.
    I wish someone would kick those asshats right in the nuts.

90% of Canyon Hollow, Rush, Anns and Clarks are in great shape, but 10% are still mud and the asshats ruin the trails through those sections.

FWIW- I'd avoid Rush until mid June when they are finished with the new gas line as they are trenching through several sections of it.

16. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Yeah, I hate the ruts. I almost thought about going over that way, but I could still see patches of snow on the trail and figured that there would be mud in the trees. Early in the morning though if its really cold everything is frozen. Chances are they didn't rut anything at all, but during the day would be a different story.

It looks like Draper might ban dogs from Corner Canyon. I hate to say it but the area dog owners are terrible about cleaning up after their pets.

http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-...-corner-canyon

I think Canyon Hollow might be dry. I haven't had a chance to try it, but many of the trails in Corner Canyon are drying up!

Canyon Hollow is NOT dry. There is stiil 6" of ice on sections of it. The trail grooming is coming back to haunt us.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Canyon Hollow is NOT dry. There is stiil 6" of ice on sections of it. The trail grooming is coming back to haunt us.
    Uh oh. I know Ann's is locked in with snow...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    It looks like Draper might ban dogs from Corner Canyon. I hate to say it but the area dog owners are terrible about cleaning up after their pets.

http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-...-corner-canyon

That article is funny. The last section where the lady compares wild animal (herbivore) feces to dog feces. Apples and oranges lady.....

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Uh oh. I know Ann's is locked in with snow...
    FWIW- Anns will dry out before Canyon Hollow. Canyon Hollow historically follows about a week behind Ann's, but the winter trail grooming has complicated things as the trails have sections of solid ice from the grooming.