Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Corner Canyon Conditions

Just a quick FWIW - Draper has acquired a lot more land to add to the Corner Canyon trail system. They are currently in the process of master planning the new land. The future is bright for Corner Canyon mountain biking, lots of trails to come.

2. Likes tallsteve liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

All of Corner Canyon is now dry and rideable. The asshats really made a mess of Rush in sections riding it in the mud.

Rush also has a fun new section, it's after the standard rest spot and before the Canyon Hollow junction. It has some huge banked turns and some really fun rollers.

5. Likes hikster11 liked this post
    I need some new loop options. What are your favorites?

My favorite is usually the one I'm currently riding

I often look at the Strava tracks of those who frequent CC for new ideas of how to hook different trails together. Sometimes I'll look at someones Strava track and duplicate it the next day just to see how I compare.

The new Corner Canyon bike park is now open. It looks awesome.

The cables and suspenders for the new Bear Canyon Bridge are strung. The decking for the walkway should be going up next.

10. Likes accadacca liked this post
    The decking is starting to go up.

A question for you who ride Corner Canyon frequently: does anyone yield to the uphill rider there anymore? Everywhere else I ride the mindset is still there of yielding to the uphill rider but, in Corner Canyon it seems to be the opposite. I don't ride there much, mainly just a few times in the spring. Last week I rode there once because the American Fork Canyon trails were too muddy. The day I rode I didn't have a single downhill rider pull over, or even slow down much, when I was pedaling uphill. South Maple Hollow, Maple Hollow, Anns, Eagle Crest. Granted, there are some sections of trails that are wide enough for both riders, much is not. What is your experience and protocol?
    Are we there yet?

Except for a few asshats the downhill riders always yield in CC. If they don't I inform them of their transgressions with a simple "uphill has the right of way" sometimes I prefix that with "hey, dumbass" in extreme cases. But for the most part I find CC is no different from anywhere else.

14. Likes hikster11 liked this post
    Good to hear, Shane. It must just be my small trip quantity sampling.
    Are we there yet?

Corner Canyon does get more than its fair share of noobs, beginner's and hackers, many of which just don't know the rules. This is particularly true on weekends.

I find most in CC are pretty polite.

Sometimes it's good to have the camera going while climbing, just in case there's ever a dispute that gets out of hand, you can share the footage online of the jerk who didn't want to yield to uphill.

And the decking extents further over the chasm...

They were working hard on the bridge today. I expect it to be open in the near future.

When the bridge is completed, maybe you could lead a Bogley group ride some evening soon, which would include this route. I'm not familiar enough with this part of CC but would love to ride it!
    Are we there yet?

22. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    We could do that. I also noticed they are cutting some new trails up to the bridge. I'm guessing this bridge becomes very popular as a destination hike in itself for the fat and out of shape. It would take the ordinary couch potato about two hours to do a loop hike that includes crossing the bridge.

Your average mtb rider could do a loop that includes the bridge in about 30 minutes, but we could easily hook up a couple other trails for a fun ride. One thing about riding Corner Canyon several times a week is I've learned some interesting and fun trail combinations.

I spend my morning riding mountain bikes with my daughter's in Corner Canyon. What a great father's day present. We topped the ride off by walking across the new suspension bridge. We had to jump a few barriers as the bridge currently has no permanent handrail or sides, which makes the walk a little scary. We also had to listen to some lady tell us the barriers were placed there for a reason.

The bridge is just about ready to open. Today they were adding some finishing touches and building new trails to the abutment.

I rode across the new Bear Canyon Bridge today for the first time. The trail from the south is in, they were cutting a trail in from the north when I left.

27. Likes whansen liked this post