Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Corner Canyon Conditions

Well...I'm glad that I have a couple trainers at home and a gym at work. It might be a while...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Pussy... I'll be pounding the upper road tomorrow.

I rode Corner Canyon yesterday and everything is open. Personally I'd avoid Rush for another day as it contains it's usual after storm mud holes.

And I'd like to kick the asshats who rode Ann's while it was muddy right square in the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I rode Corner Canyon yesterday and everything is open. Personally I'd avoid Rush for another day as it contains it's usual after storm mud holes.

And I'd like to kick the asshats who rode Ann's while it was muddy right square in the nuts.
    Can we all line up and take a turn?

I'm trying to switch to mornings...which means I need to start getting to bed at a decent hour.

I understand Rush is undergoing some major trail reconstruction so consider other trails in your ride planning.
    Are we there yet?

Use caution on the Jacobs Ladder DH. From what I understand someone constructed some unapproved obstacles which are dangerous. They life flighted a kid off the mountain last night that was unaware someone altered the track. Collapsed lung, broken ribs and other serious injuries.

Yikes. A buddy was up there and told me he saw a ton of cops, etc.

We were up there Monday. It looked like from the color of the dirt there was some freshly made jumps. This is some screen shots of it.
    Name:  JL.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  68.2 KB
    Name:  JL1.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  58.6 KB
    Name:  JL2.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  97.7 KB

Reports are that since the bad accident, other mtn. bikers have removed or dumb'd down the newly created jumps.
    Are we there yet?

FYI- The Draper Trails Committee is the group responsible for building and maintaining the trails. I usually volunteer a couple days a year to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    FYI- The Draper Trails Committee is the group responsible for building and maintaining the trails. I usually volunteer a couple days a year to help out.
    These 'additions' weren't done by Draper City and most of Jacob's is on Forest Service land. Rogue trail builders.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    These 'additions' weren't done by Draper City and most of Jacob's is on Forest Service land. Rogue trail builders.
    Correct... a couple of my riding partners are on the Draper Trails Committee and were the ones that first informed me about the rogue modifications. Also a warning went out to the CCHS MTB team of which I help coach.

Heads up - Rush is closed at the mid mountain rest down to Canyon Hollow connect. They are sending you down the old road which is boring and sucks. This detour cuts out about 1/4 of Rush Trail. I don't know how long it will be closed or what they are doing but I'll guess a couple of days.

I was riding BST between Bear Canyon and Corner Canyon this morning and what do I discover? They are building a suspension bridge over Bear Canyon. This isn't some little candyass bridge. This sucker is going to be a work of art. It will have a span of approximately 300' and have a height of about 100'. The concrete abutments and anchors are in place and they were getting ready to install the towers. Next up will be stringing the suspension cables. If you look carefully in the picture you can see they already have a red guide line strung across the canyon so they can begin stringing the cables when ready. In the photo my bike is parked at the south abutment and you can see the north one if you look across the canyon. This is really cool.

Name:  Bear Canyon.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  159.9 KB

Wow! That's quite the project. It'll be Disneyland soon. How do I get a fastpass?

Today the towers are up.

Wow, where the hell is bear canyon?

20. Likes whansen liked this post
    How are the trails?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Wow, where the hell is bear canyon?
    On BST between Draper and Sandy. Look at my Strava tracks for the past two days and it's easy to figure out.

My Strava tracks will also show you what trails are dry and ridable. Mosy the CC trails are mud but several of the seldom ridden north side trails are dry. Quail Trail, Saddled, Orsen Spencer Downhill, are all dry and can be configured into some entertaining loops.