Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Corner Canyon Conditions

I rode the new Achtung Baby Downhill flow trail this morning and it's going to be awesome once it's seasoned. I predict it will be the best of all the recent south side flow trials in a couple of years. Only downside is the return is kind of boring as it just climbs up the Hog Hollow 2 track (big yawn). The return is not difficult or steep it's just wide and boring. Kind of like making love to a fat chick, not much to see, just keep pedaling.

2. Likes double moo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Naming them after U2 albums, eh? I gave Zooropa a spin the other day and lifted a line from "Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car" for my signature.

Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Boy and the second half...that's right, the second half of Joshua Tree are the only U2 worth owning.

They got a trail up there called Pop?
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

the north side has Rush, Trees, Fly by Night... waiting for Red Barchetta!

YYZ would be a good name for a downhill ripper.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

7. Likes double moo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Naming them after U2 albums, eh? I gave Zooropa a spin the other day and lifted a line from "Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car" for my signature.

Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Boy and the second half...that's right, the second half of Joshua Tree are the only U2 worth owning.

They got a trail up there called Pop?
    How can you not include "War" in that list. It's a classic. Jeez man.

War is the parking area at the bottom...

10. Likes devo_stevo, Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    How can you not include "War" in that list. It's a classic. Jeez man.
    Oh God...if I never hear "Sunday Bloody Sunday" again, that'll be fine with me. I'm sooooo burned out on that album. Every time it's mentioned all I see is Bono stomping around with that white flag at Red Rocks.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Fair enough. I really don't listen to U2 all that much. They're one of those bands that I don't seek out, but I don't change the station when they come on the radio either.

I do like War though. The album...not actual war...that's all.

I don't known the name of any U2 songs... that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    YYZ would be a good name for a downhill ripper.
    If you are ever in Salt Lake or want to plan a trip sometime. You could ride a few different trails with a different person on bogley each day. I bet you’ve got a fair share nearby at home though. We are spoiled with the mtns so close.

If you like to use Coyote Hollow Trail head (by the temple in CC), you might wanna show up tomorrow evening, Tuesday August 7th at 6:30 at Draper city hall to voice your opinion of the expansion of the trail head. Draper City's Master Plan, approved a couple of years ago, had this area slated for a larger parking lot, restroom, bike wash station, water fountain, etc. further away from the homes up in the clearing to the E / SE. The neighbors are putting up quite a fuss. If you want to help convince the city council that it is needed, please show up and speak your mind.

16. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    If you like to use Coyote Hollow Trail head (by the temple in CC), you might wanna show up tomorrow evening, Tuesday August 7th at 6:30 at Draper city hall to voice your opinion of the expansion of the trail head. Draper City's Master Plan, approved a couple of years ago, had this area slated for a larger parking lot, restroom, bike wash station, water fountain, etc. further away from the homes up in the clearing to the E / SE. The neighbors are putting up quite a fuss. If you want to help convince the city council that it is needed, please show up and speak your mind.
    Sat there for 4 hours last time they wanted to talk about this. Several members of Council seemed like good folks - One was lost, and full of herself. Nothing moved forward, and I understand the "committee" they formed stalemated. Nee to go to support the trail folks - maybe they can muster more than 3 of us this time!

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    Several members of Council seemed like good folks - One was lost, and full of herself.
    That'll be Michele Weeks. She's batshit crazy.
    Just 'cause it zips, don't mean it fits

Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    That'll be Michele Weeks. She's batshit crazy.
    That's the one. My favorite part was hr referring to us as "the audience". I thought about heading up to the open mic to correct her... you known like constituents, your boss, the people you work for, maybe just the people ypu represent... just not the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    That's the one. My favorite part was hr referring to us as "the audience". I thought about heading up to the open mic to correct her... you known like constituents, your boss, the people you work for, maybe just the people ypu represent... just not the audience.
    She's awful. I think one of the reasons Troy Walker ended up being re-elected (after slitting his throat over the whole "bring the homeless here" thing) is because Weeks was the other candidate.

She's also on the School Community Council. She didn't make a lot of friends in the schools there.
    Just 'cause it zips, don't mean it fits

For anyone interested here is the concept plan for the Coyote Hollow Trailhead expansion.

Climb-Utah.com

The City was supposed to vote on Tuesday, I couldn't make it - how did it go?

The trailhead expansion was approved 4-1, with the bat shit crazy Michelle Weeks being the only one voting against.

It will look about like the picture I posted above, except the existing circle parking lot will be no parking except emergency vehicles. Also 4 parking stalls will be reserved for hikers.

Climb-Utah.com

24. Likes double moo liked this post
    What was the opposition's reasoning? Just anti crowd in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    What was the opposition's reasoning? Just anti crowd in general?
    NIMBY

Not in my backyard.

What kills me is this trailhead is next door to the temple and they have no issue with that traffic, if fact many moved to the neighborhood to be close to the temple. A recent study showed the temple was responsible for 1500 cars a day, while the trailhead was responsible for 150.

FWIW, this trailhead expansion has been on the Draper City master plan for nearly 20 years, it's not something new. The only new part is they are actually going to build it.

Climb-Utah.com

27. Likes accadacca liked this post