Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Corner Canyon Conditions

Well dang, I wonder how things are looking after the rain.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm thinking about shooting out there this afternoon. Anyone know if it is rideable?

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    I'm thinking about shooting out there this afternoon. Anyone know if it is rideable?
    At one point everything was open until the weekend rains. Yesterday Vertigo, Levitate and Rush were closed, but I bet they are open today. Everything else is open.

Levitate and Upper Rush were closed this aftrnoon still due to mud. I saw a guy popst that he ra Rush via Fly by night and it was dry all the way down.

Upper rush was still closed today, but the lower half rode great. Looks like it may have been the last ride for a while though. Looks like we are getting a few inches of snow tomorrow.

I pedaled Mercer Hollow, Eaglecrest, Vertigo and Woods Hollow yesterday afternoon. All open and gtg. Who knows after today, though.
    Are we there yet?

Last night they opened everything in CC, but I'm guessing that will not hold as it's currently snowing in Draper.

Don't these guys watch the weather report? Why open the trails at sundown just to close the again at first light... stupid....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Last night they opened everything in CC, but I'm guessing that will not hold as it's currently snowing in Draper.

Don't these guys watch the weather report? Why open the trails at sundown just to close the again at first light... stupid....
    RLOL

Corner Canyon today, Maple Hollow to be exact.

Just got off the trail. Lower stuff is good. I rode up to the ghost bridge. It was fine. Above that is a no go. Went a short distance up canyon hollow and turned around. No go. Maybe tomorrow.

I heard the Three Falls bridge over the gorge had been completed so, yesterday afternoon I pedaled up to check it out. The trail terminates at the new subdivision by Slide Rock. Supposedly the developer is going to put in a trail or way to get over to Lambert Park. I read somewhere that for now though, he doesn't want guys to pedal through the construction so, I turned around at that point and went back up. The Three Falls Trail is a nice, new addition to the CC trails system.

Are we there yet?

13. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Vertigo and Levitate are now open.

The new Mercer to Hog connector at the top of Mercer Hollow trail should be opened shortly. Trail guys to walk it for completion later this week/first of next.

Gravity Logic is still working on the new downhill that will start a bit to the west of Levitate.

Talking the trail guys this morning while doing some volunteer work on Vertigo... Says the continuation of Rush is scheduled for this summer. They are working out details but plan to connect the bottom of Rush to Creekview and make it a downhill only also. To do so they are working out another uphill trail on the creekview side of the canyon. He nooted that part of the impetus for this is the high speeds bikers carry down the roadway to EQ - complaints from hoof and boot types. They figure if they can get the speedy folks off the road it will benifit all sides. I usually connect up the two routes anyway - it will be nice to not have to worry about the uphill folks on Creekview.

Trails guy said that the trails opened last year got them to 100 miles of useable trails. They have another 11 miles planned for this year.

It was nice to spend some time on trail repair with them. It gives some insight as to the battles they fight on our behalf. They were most worried about getting the trail done and re-opened to the public by the end of the day. It's nice to hear from them how it's all about making it a great place to recreate - and minimal down time helps alleviate traffic to other crowded areas.

Got them talking about the volunteer hours donated each year - roughly 4000 - and the percentages attributed to which groups. It was an eye opener to see that the MTB groups account for a very small part of that (including the HS teams). He said it's really sad to see all the banter and complaining on the bike FB sites which have thousands of members, yet their participation is dismal at best. I was one of 4 volunteers this morning - and the only Draper resident. I may have to help them more often... we all should.

BOGLEY TRAIL MAINTENANCE DAY coming up!

16. Likes tallsteve, accadacca liked this post
    I always use Creekview when heading down to the EQ. Why anyone would want to ride down the wide boring road is beyond me.

18. Likes double moo, accadacca liked this post
    I have often thought that Creekview should be downhill only. It’s one of my favorites and a great way to finish a ride to the EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I have often thought that Creekview should be downhill only. It’s one of my favorites and a great way to finish a ride to the EQ.
    I often climb up Creekview, it's also better then getting mowed down by riding the road. The guys bomb dropping the road are a danger to everyone. I've almost been taken out a couple of times by some asshat. I try to avoid the road as much as possible.

21. Likes double moo liked this post
    I rode this AM. EQ up, gaseline, ghost (top and bottom) are GTG. Most of my Strava route was GTG except we had to pick up our bikes and walk around a few places along Rush. Also Brocks from the road down through the trees has a couple spots too. Couple puddles here and there on higher trails. I think most trails will be dry if it gets really warm today and CC will be 100% by Sunday. Anything up high in the trees will be muddy today.

I rode the new Mercer Mountain trail yesterday and really enjoyed it. What a great way to hook eagle crest and peak view together without having to do the boring ride through the subdivision.

I also noticed they had started to build the new hog hollow trail.

24. Likes accadacca liked this post
    I rode the new Zooropa trail today in CC. It starts just west of Levitate and ends same as Levitate. It's going to be an awesome flow trail after it seasons a bit. The downhill guys are going to bitch but the cross country guys are going to love it. The trail flows well but to get a really fast time there are sections you're going to want to pedal. There is also one small climb about a third of the way down that the guys on a heavy DH rig are going to hate, which on a XC bike is not really much of a climb.

I think the real issue is the XC guys are going to own the top Strava times and that just drives the DH guys bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Zooropa
    Great album by U2, BYW.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?