Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Corner Canyon Conditions

I hate getting my bike muddy. I had to stop and spray it off at the car wash on Monday. Only a spot or two that totally trashed it...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

With the gas line construction all the north side trials are a crowded cattle stampede, but the south side trails see little traffic. Use that information as you like.

Corner Canyon Conditions

These guys are doing trail work this morning around coyote.

They were up by Potato Hill this afternoon. I think they are doing wildfire prevention/control and not trail work.

Yeah as I came down from BST back to coyote, the trail looked different, like they torched a bunch of stuff.

Corner Canyon Conditions

Well I thought maybe it would be dry by tomorrow morning. Then a couple storms started passing through. Bloody hell...

Tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. I hear it was a mud fest in CC today. I just hope the asshats didn't rip the trails up to bad the past few days.

Yeah damn. It's been a rough last few weeks for riding.

I am in full-blown trail work mode up AF Canyon so my riding of late has been diminished anyway. This rain sucks though, Here's to dry trails soon!
    Are we there yet?

I was able to get in a short, quick ride yesterday afternoon at Lambert Park to test out the new 1x11 drivetrain. I ran across this big feller on the Zag Trail. This guy was really chunky for a Great Basin Rattler. Must be well fed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annS7wL6TGg

Name:  20160510_151050.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  87.7 KB
    Are we there yet?

12. Likes devo_stevo liked this post

Corner Canyon Conditions

I need to stop washing my bike. Every time I do it rains!

The trails are a little wet up top, but it's just on the surface. The lower stuff isn't a bad and my bike didn't get much mud on it. If the rain stays away and the sun comes out then everything should be much better by the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    I was able to get in a short, quick ride yesterday afternoon at Lambert Park to test out the new 1x11 drivetrain. I ran across this big feller on the Zag Trail. This guy was really chunky for a Great Basin Rattler. Must be well fed!
    That feller is huge!

Are there any new trails open connecting the north and south trails? When is the construction supposed to be finished? I heard May...

Construction is supposed to be finished mid June.

You can cross north to south at the Peak View TH, bottom of Creek View, and using BST.

Although not offically open you can also cross at the diversion dam and the cross over just above the diversion dam.

Thanks for the update. I took BST over today. The trails I rode were okay with some puddles. I would avoid eagle crest for another day though. I bailed early on that one, too muddy.

Update: Questar is expected to be out of Corner Canyon by June 1st, but the trails will be f**ked up for a while and will require extensive rehabilitation. Rush might be opened by the end of the week. The middle section of Rush will be passable but will need major reconstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Thanks for the update. I took BST over today. The trails I rode were okay with some puddles. I would avoid eagle crest for another day though. I bailed early on that one, too muddy.
    I rode Eagle Crest at noon and it was completely dry, not even an occasional puddle.

Looking for an able bodied person to come chainsawing up AF Canyon with me this afternoon. The hike will be approx. 3 miles round-trip up the SFLDC #252 trail, north section. I'd like to meet at the Pine Hollow gate at 3:45 or so. Out of the canyon between 7 & 8pm. Your responsibility will be to carry the first-aid kit and help clear off the cut logs and branches (not that heavy, really). Come enjoy the canyon solitude before the gates open (and until the chainsaw starts rippin'!). Here's your chance to give back. Takers?
    Are we there yet?

Rush and Canyon Hollow are now open. BE AWARE REHABILITATION WILL BE ONGOING. SOME SECTIONS OF LOWER CORNER CANYON ARE STILL CLOSED.

Today I rode Canyon Hollow and Rush.... game on!