Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Corner Canyon Conditions

That is what every trail in Corner Canyon looked like when it was installed, but it usually takes a year for the trail to become really good again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Also.... if it makes you feel any better Rattler looked exactly like your picture with a big wide trail when it was installed. And Rattler is only about two years old.

This weather sucks. That is all.
    Are we there yet?

Yeah suxxx. I might have to break out the fat bike.

Rideable tomorrow? :o)

Looks like @Iceaxe rode today. What's the skinny?

I froze my ass off. It was actually pretty nice for the first of my ride and than it started hailing about half way through. By the time I got home I was soaked, couldn't feel my hands and had a popsicle headache from the cold... so all in all it was still better than working.

The lower south facing trails should be ridable tomorrow. The upper trails actually have snow on them at the moment so the ass clowns will rut them up tomorrow.

Snow? Oh my hell. I've been cold like that riding and it sucks. If I get a wild hair I might ride later tonight. Maybe the fat tire?

Anybody wanna ride tomorrow late afternoon? Hopefully at the peak of warmth.

I plan to ride around noon if that works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I plan to ride around noon if that works for you.
    @Iceaxe my wife is out and won't be home until 1ish. Could you ride an hour or so later?

I have other obligations later today so it has to be noon for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I have other obligations later today so it has to be noon for me.
    Ok dang. I'll have to catch you next time. We need to meet up for a ride. Give a report after.

Corner Canyon Conditions

Here is the report from my ride last night. I rode all the way up gasoline and then up ghost to the top. I wasn't sure how far past the bridge I would get. It wasn't bad all the way up with the normal puddles. At the very top where you pass the wood pole opening, it got really sloppy. So that very top flat part of trail, right below the parking lot and road was nasty. The road in that area was bad too, so I turned around there. All the other lower trails I rode were ok. I took BST up from the Clarks intersection en route to potato hill and not far up BST it got really sloppy, so I turned around.

You've probably noticed all the new "trail closed" signs blocking the trail. Damn. I'm hopeful that they can reconnect canyon hollow once they get their pipeline covered back up. It's just one section that is really excavated. The rest it still intact. I rode a good chunk of it to check it out.

Rode from the top of Maple Hollow down this aftrenoon. A couple of small puddles, but dry with no mud. Rode down past th temple, across the silica pit, up canyon hollow a bit, then dropped down to the EQ. All dry.

Rode from OS park up CC road, down BST, up gasline--rattler-ghost, upper ghost, CC road to Corral, down annes, down tater, around the horn, down aquaduct, back to OS park. Hit 3 or 4 puddles on upper ghost, the rest of it was dry. We were going to just ride up the road and take a look but everyone we ran into noted the next section was dry and rideable. I was amazed at how dry it was based on the rains we got yesterday.

Rain last night dicked the upper trails and it was raining when I finished this morning. It's muddy above the gasline to rattler connector. Lower trails aren't too bad with the normal puddles.

Great last night! From the Suspension bridge to the Ghost Falls Bridge there were maybe 1/2 dozen puddles, but no real mud to speak of - able to skirt aroud nearly all of the puddles. I heard it was muddy above the bridge though.

It was muddy today at 3:00. No way to even get to Ghost Falls without destroying the trail. BST and below were ridable if you picked your routes wisely.