Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Corner Canyon Conditions

2. Likes double moo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rode this morning...

Ralph's - BST - Gasline - Ghost falls - a few puddles, but good to go.

Upper Ghost - road - Brocks - a few puddles - good to go

Corral - shitty mud hole! New const has left lots of loose soil that is now mud - stay on road to avoid it.

Anne's - tater to coyote - few puddles good to go.

Coyote - canyon hollow - ghost - one soft spot on Canyon where new construction has left loose soils - good to go.

Rattler - BST - Orson smith - couple of pudles, no mud - good to go.

I ran across this bad boy in Corner Canyon today. I believe it's a Utah Mountain Kingsnake. But don't fear as they are nonvenomous.

Name:  Utah Mtn Kingsnake.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  69.1 KB

6. Likes tallsteve, accadacca, Sombeech liked this post
    Draper just approved their budget and it includes $250K for new trail development in Corner Canyon!

8. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Draper just approved their budget and it includes $250K for new trail development in Corner Canyon!

Bill Becker called me yesterday to let me know they have already done a bunch of re-work on the South Maple Hollow trail, which I really appreciate since when I do ride CC (which isn't a whole lot) I pedal up this trail. He also said the plan is to reroute the bottom portion (which now just plunges down a double-track dirt road) to connect with Brookside Drive. Brookside Drive is currently barricaded off and the plan is to remove the barricades and develop a nice trailhead parking lot at the end of the road. This will be really nice for those of us starting in Utah County!

Name:  Brookside.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  72.9 KB
    Are we there yet?

Eagle Crest is getting widened (the other half) from the maple hollow intersection back. It sucked riding up it with soft dirt. I also rode spring hollow today and it is also under construction getting widened. Don't expect any PR's for a while...

It's a great time of year to be riding Corner Canyon.

14. Likes accadacca liked this post

Corner Canyon Conditions

If anybody rides today let me know the trail conditions. I would like to ride tonight.

Rain is just what we needed. The trails were so dusty and loose!

Whenever I do the Spring Hollow climb (3 miles with 1000' of elevation gain) that snakes through the South Mountain Golf Course to the top of Potato Hill I always think to myself "Hey, maybe when I get too old to race mountain bikes I'll take up golf and ride around in one of those cute little golf carts and call it exercise". And then I laugh myself silly when I suddenly realize the day I'm too old to race I'll be dead.

Name:  MTB04.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  162.4 KB

Name:  MTB01.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  146.7 KB

Name:  MTB02.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  144.7 KB

Name:  MTB03.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  150.0 KB

18. Likes whansen liked this post
    A little rain last night was much needed. The trails have been so dusty and loose.

The lower trails are mostly dry. As you climb it gets wet. It wasn't squishy until I reached the top of north ghost falls parking. From there up the top layer sticks to your tires. Not enough to rut, just a little more wet. Then down Ann's the same until a ways down, then it's perfect and fast!

The first day of Autumn

Name:  2016-09-22_14-26-57_HDR.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  211.0 KB

Name:  2016-09-22_14-27-24_HDR.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  192.8 KB

Name:  2016-09-22_14-14-57_HDR.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  206.6 KB

Name:  2016-09-22_14-15-15_HDR.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  208.0 KB

Name:  2016-09-22_14-19-49_HDR.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  190.3 KB

I didn't try this morning. Quite a bit of rain last night...

Clarks and Rush were sold today. Im not sure if it was the rain or what it was but seemed like the trail wasn't as loose as normal. That was especially nice in the tight turns down Rush.
    Im not sure why people don't read signs anymore. Going up clarks i passed about 12 preschool kids and there leaders. Coming down Rush I passed 2 hikers. I pick these trial so that i do have to worry about these encounters.

23. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whansen View Post
    Clarks and Rush were sold today. Im not sure if it was the rain or what it was but seemed like the trail wasn't as loose as normal. That was especially nice in the tight turns down Rush.
    Im not sure why people don't read signs anymore. Going up clarks i passed about 12 preschool kids and there leaders. Coming down Rush I passed 2 hikers. I pick these trial so that i do have to worry about these encounters.
    I didn't realize Clarks was bikers only. Good intel.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I didn't realize Clarks was bikers only. Good intel.
    I don't know that i have seen that its bikers only. But that its uphill traffic only.

Quote Originally Posted by whansen View Post
    I don't know that i have seen that its bikers only. But that its uphill traffic only.
    Ah right. Uphill only, yes. I haven't been up it for some time. It's a good climb. Lotta elevation in a short distance.

27. Likes whansen liked this post
    Clark's is open in both directions to everyone but bikes. Bikes are uphill only.