Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Corner Canyon Conditions

Rattler is dry to Ghost Falls from both the EQ and Orson Smith. Nothing else in CC was ridable.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Corner Canyon Conditions

How’s the new bike?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    How’s the new bike?
    So far so good... I'm waiting for things to warm up a little so I can dial the suspension in. It's close but I can get a little more out of it.

How’s the trails?!?!?!?!?!?

Still muddy, I'll post when something is rideable.

What’s the scoop!?!?!?

Nope, still a few days away from lower south facing trails being open. The Aqua Duct Road is still muddy and has snow drifts, that is always the first rideable trail in CC.

I think the recent snow with high wind is going to cause some slow trail openings because of all the deep drifts in CC.

I'll post as soon as something is rideable.

You guys need to come up to Ogden. I did 12 miles on the Bonneville Shoreline on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    You guys need to come up to Ogden. I did 12 miles on the Bonneville Shoreline on Saturday
    Looking at riding next Tuesday afternoon up there if you can make it? Like 3:30ish.

EQ to Gas Line to Rattler to Ghost Falls is good to go. Aquaduct and Quail Trail are also GTG. Everything else is still snow covered or a mud bog.

FWIW - Ghost Falls is roaring.

13. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Looking at riding next Tuesday afternoon up there if you can make it? Like 3:30ish.
    Dang I think I'm meeting with my realtor but if not I'll join you

I was going to ride in the morning. Damn rain...

The Corner Canyon switchbacks leading out of the EQ today at 3:00.

Name:  DSCN1113.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  115.4 KB

Rush Trail Extension

The popular Rush Trail in Corner Canyon, which currently is 3.5 miles of single-track downhill-only bike trail, will be extended another 1.3 miles to the Andy Ballard Arena. Once this phase of construction is completed, the entire trail will be 4.8 miles from the upper end of the canyon, at Peak View Trail Head to the bottom of the canyon, near the arena.

As part of the construction plan, there will be several new footpaths and realignment of trails to create a “hub” system to help reduce user conflicts between foot traffic, bike riders and horseback riders.

Draper City has selected SingleTract Trails as the contractor for the project. They plan to start the project within the next few weeks and finish the project in June, weather permitting. The impact to the overall trail system will be minimal during the construction, however, a few sections of trail, including the Creek View Trail, will need to be closed for extended times. We ask all trail users to please stay off any posted closed trail.

19. Likes accadacca, tallsteve liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Rush Trail Extension

The popular Rush Trail in Corner Canyon, which currently is 3.5 miles of single-track downhill-only bike trail, will be extended another 1.3 miles to the Andy Ballard Arena. Once this phase of construction is completed, the entire trail will be 4.8 miles from the upper end of the canyon, at Peak View Trail Head to the bottom of the canyon, near the arena.

As part of the construction plan, there will be several new footpaths and realignment of trails to create a “hub” system to help reduce user conflicts between foot traffic, bike riders and horseback riders.

Draper City has selected SingleTract Trails as the contractor for the project. They plan to start the project within the next few weeks and finish the project in June, weather permitting. The impact to the overall trail system will be minimal during the construction, however, a few sections of trail, including the Creek View Trail, will need to be closed for extended times. We ask all trail users to please stay off any posted closed trail.
    Sweet!

Levitate is open, Vertigo is closed. Vertigo will probably open sometime next week.

Creekview is closed as they are realigning trails in that section. A short section of the new Lower Rush is now open.

The new hiking only jungle trail is also now open and will follow below the new Rush Trail.

I believe the big intent with the lower section of CC is to get the hikers off the road and go get the high speed downhill bike traffic onto a designated downhill bike only trail.

Corner Canyon Conditions

Good to see Iceaxe on the trail yesterday. We had planned to ride tomorrow, but the rain is spoiling those plans. I rode the NEW bottom half of Rush yesterday, formerly known as Creek View. Damn...I used to love that trail. The new Rush section is ok, but not really my style.

The new Rush section is ok, but not really my style.
    Why? What's it like? I don't pedal that side of the ridge very often, like maybe four times a year, but some beta would be nice.
    Are we there yet?