Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Corner Canyon Conditions

Draper Parks & Rec just fixed it. The sign had been installed in the wrong location. They have re-installed it (looking at my photo) behind me and down the old trail which takes you to the dirt road.
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I rode the new Vertigo trail today and it's awesome. The trail currently has a lot of loose dirt and needs to be packed and seasoned, but it was still fun to ride. The trail is well designed and the table tops become fun rollers if you are going slow or huge jumps if you are hauling ass. Next spring this trail will be better than titties and beers.

4. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Here's my GoPro footage, from last week, of the entire Vertigo downhill run. Pretty fun stuff. Rode it again last night and, holy cow, was it ever crowded!

Are we there yet?

6. Likes accadacca liked this post
    I ran into this fella climbing up Spring Hollow today in Corner Canyon. He was nice enough to stop and let me gets some great pictures.

Name:  WillyCoyote1.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  90.1 KB

8. Likes double moo, whansen liked this post

I saw a HUGE 4 point buck while I was descending back down Mercer Hollow late yesterday afternoon. I stopped to take a photo but, couldn't get my full fingered gloves off quick enough to snap a photo before he was gone. That bad boy was massive!
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Here's my GoPro footage, from last week, of the entire Vertigo downhill run. Pretty fun stuff. Rode it again last night and, holy cow, was it ever crowded!
    What computer and mount are you running there? Does it interface with Strava?

Yeah, I see a coyote at least once a week in Corner Canyon, but this is the first time I ever ran into one that wanted to pose for pictures. He was such an attention whore.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    What computer and mount are you running there? Does it interface with Strava?
    Wahoo Elemnt. I really, really like it. The interface and setup is all done from your smartphone including what information you want displayed and in what order but, you don't have to have your smartphone with you or the app even turned on when riding. The mapping software is supposed to be better than Garmin. Satellite reception & tracking has been stellar, even in the deep canyons up AF Canyon. Uploads to Strava automatically once the ride is completed. Is it better than the Garmin equivalent? I dunno. I think it may be a tad cheaper and I love the fact that Wahoo is constantly upgrading the software with new features that you don't have to pay extra for. As a part-time bike shop employee, I couldn't pass up the deep discount offered by the Wahoo rep when the unit first came out last spring. http://www.wahoofitness.com/gps-bike-computer-elemnt
    Are we there yet?

Fat biking in Corner Canyon is officially open! Hit the trails tonight - dropped in from the top to the Peak View corral, had to walk and push through drifts thinking I had made a huge mistake having the wife drop me off. It's all downhill I told myself. As I got started across the corral I saw what looked like a groomed trail crossing from Ann's to Brocks. As I pushed the last 50 feet I was elted to see that it was infact a pcked trail! Lots of bike tracks packing it into a good route. There were snowmobile tracks visible through the bike tracks in spots letting us know that someone is starting to groom it already. It appears that the same loop as last year is ready to ride - Coyote, Tater, Ann's, Brocks, Canyon, Silica Pit. We rode down the canyon side and it was great - well packed for the most part. Back at the temple we headed down to the Equestrian Center - the dirt road had some icey sections so we rode on the sides of the road in 5" of untracked snow - muey goodo. I'm thinking tomorrow I will ride clockwise up Canyon and down Ann's.

Shane... If you are interested I have a second fatty - Join Acca and I! I live a few blocks NW of you.

I'm interested, what time?

FYI- Ann's west to the Maple Hollow TH is also groomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I'm interested, what time?

FYI- Ann's west to the Maple Hollow TH is also groomed.
    I tried to start at the top of Maple but was sinking 6 and more inches in and couldn't make it more than 100 ft. My wife waited to see if we were going to make it - fortunately we just hiked the bikes back to the truck then headed down to the new asphalt dropping into Peak View. The trails need to freeze over after Mike grooms them, or get a lot of traffic to pack them down - neither of which happened on Maple.

We usually head out about 7:00 with lights. My truck is in the shop so I'm dependent on my buddy for a few days. There is room for you if he can make it tonight. I'll call im later this morning and get back to you.

I prefer to ride in the daylight hours as I just don't see well enough to ride at night any more. Thanks for the offer and if you ever need someone with a truck to ride in the light with you just ping me.

Headed up AF Canyon this afternoon around 3:30 if anyone wants to join me. I can't ride at night as I have something else going on through December.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I prefer to ride in the daylight hours as I just don't see well enough to ride at night any more. Thanks for the offer and if you ever need someone with a truck to ride in the light with you just ping me.
    You Are Welcome To Swing By And Grab My Back Up Fatty If You Want To Join Tall Steve!

Always a new surprise in Corner Canyon.

Why are it's front legs broken?

I have no clue why the legs were broken, but I'm pretty sure he must have been injured as coyotes won't mess with a healthy buck. The coyotes had obviously had a nice feast last night. These pictures were taken a couple weeks ago just down the trail. Lots of coyotes in CC.

Roadkill!