Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Corner Canyon Conditions

This morning coming around eagle crest. It's in great shape after the trail work earlier in the year.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rideable in the morning? Damn rain...

They are turning creek view into a 2 lane highway. I loved that piece of single track. #%$&!

I liked creek too tell they dumped a bunch of sand on it this year. Every time i hit them sand traps coming down i thought I was going crash.

Quote Originally Posted by whansen View Post
    I liked creek too tell they dumped a bunch of sand on it this year. Every time i hit them sand traps coming down i thought I was going crash.
    Yeah true. I just lean back and blast through it! Even with sand I hit some new PR's this year on that trail. It will be a while before anyone gets a PR right now. It is all torn apart.

Creekview will be an awesome single track when they are finished with it. But it will probably not be good for the rest of the year as it will need to season under the winter snow.

ALSO.... I rode the new currently unnamed CC Downhill today. It is still currently under construction and closed to the public. But I was riding today with one of the big dogs of the Draper Trails committee so we were allowed to poach it. The trail isn't much fun at the moment as it's 6" of loose dirt, but I can tell you it's going to be awesome when completed. That is also a trail they want completed before the snow flies so it will season under the wet snow load.

8. Likes accadacca liked this post
    do tell... where is this new downhill?

Anyone try Mercer Hollow yet? loop it with a little pavment to head back up South Maple.

Mercer is a fun little trail. I just do it from the top as a down and back up as it doesn't currently loop well with anything. But it will when the south side is complete. Connecting Mercer with the Peak View TH is currently a mess with all the construction up top.

The south side is scheduled to have several DH trails. The first is currently being built and starts midway along Eagle Crest just west of the mid point TH. The trail is being built by Gravity Logic. Or you can join the Bogley group of Strava and check out my tracks from Wednesday to see the new DH.

11. Likes accadacca liked this post

Corner Canyon Conditions

There is a new piece of trail that has been freshly cut on creek view at the bottom. It now takes a sharp turn and connects you to the road. Nice addition.

I hope that's all the work planned, the top section is still 80% single track.

While pedaling up Canyon Hollow today I ran into a flock of wild turkeys. I knew they were in the canyon but today was the first time I've seen them. I also nearly ran over a coyote coming down Ann's. I see two or three coyotes every month in CC.

14. Likes REDFOX, whansen liked this post
    I ran into a group of 6 turkeys on Canyon Hollow a few weeks back also. I'm yet to run into a coyote...

So I actually hit a deer descending Ghost on Friday.

I spent the morning riding the South Side of Corner Canyon. The new Maple Hollow Trail is a fun one and will make a great return trail for the new downhill being built by Gravity Logic. Mercer Hollow is becoming an excellent trail as it seasons. I hadn't ridden Mercer since just after it was built and it was still suffering from the typical new construction problems (read loose dirt). The only down side of Mercer is it doesn't loop with anything worth while so I just ride it as a down and back up. It looks like the new downhill is nearing completion, I'm betting they are trying to finish it before the snow flies so it can winter under a blanket of snow and emerge in primo condition in the spring. It also appears they are building a new trail from the Maple Hollow TH that will climb to the Alien Tower (aka survey triangulation marker).

18. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So I actually hit a deer descending Ghost on Friday.

I've hit several rabbits and almost a couple deer this year. I always see lots of deer in the early morning. They are not shy when I come along with lights.

The new Draper downhill officially opens November 12. This is the DH that starts at Eagle Crest and uses South Maple Hollow as the return.

Climbing back up South Maple Hollow on Saturday afternoon, someone has tacked up a "Foot Traffic Only" sign at the spot on the below map where I put the red circle. It made me have one of those 'what the heck' moments. The sign wasn't there last Thursday. I'm guessing it's a mistake because, if accurate, there is no other way to get up South Maple Hollow, by bike, to the Eaglecrest trail. Seriously, WHAT THE HECK?!

Name:  South Maple Hollow.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  393.3 KBName:  South Maple Hollow.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  32.6 KB
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Climbing back up South Maple Hollow on Saturday afternoon, someone has tacked up a "Foot Traffic Only" sign at the spot on the below map where I put the red circle. It made me have one of those 'what the heck' moments. The sign wasn't there last Thursday. I'm guessing it's a mistake because, if accurate, there is no other way to get up South Maple Hollow, by bike, to the Eaglecrest trail. Seriously, WHAT THE HECK?!

Name:  South Maple Hollow.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  393.3 KBName:  South Maple Hollow.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  32.6 KB

Definitely seems wrong. utahmountainbiking.com/trails/maplehollowS.htm just posted this the other day as a new route! They note that this will be the uphill trail to get you to Eagle Crest to run the new DH. Is it marked that way from the top too?

It's not signed from the top down. I'm pretty sure it's not legit. If it was legit I don't think they'd tack it to a tree. As a trailbuilder / maintainer myself, the only time we've ever tacked signage on a tree was this summer for the Tibble Fork trail closure.
    Are we there yet?

The sign is gone now. When I was coming down the trail yesterday a guy coming up looked at the sign and said "that's wrong" and ripped it down. All I said to him was the trail is not signed at the top coming down as I also knew the sign did not belong.

The main reason I knew the sign did not belong is I was taking with some of the trail crew the other day about the new DH and they were explaining the South Maple Hollow would be the return.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The sign is gone now. When I was coming down the trail yesterday a guy coming up looked at the sign and said "that's wrong" and ripped it down. All I said to him was the trail is not signed at the top coming down as I also knew the sign did not belong.

The main reason I knew the sign did not belong is I was taking with some of the trail crew the other day about the new DH and they were explaining the South Maple Hollow would be the return.
    Good to know. Yeah, I've heard all along that the new South Maple Hollow cut is the main return to the top for the downhill trail. I suppose you could also head on over to Mercer Hollow but, that entails riding on sucky pavement.
    Are we there yet?