Thread: Poison Fest 2015

Poison Fest 2015

What happens when you gather 8 people to do 3 canyons in one day? POISON FEST!

As I think about this trip I am amazed. This group consisted of 8 people. 3 of whom I have never met before. 1 who came from out of state and even one who came from out of the country! Brett drove 8+ hours from New Mexico, and Joel came all the way from Canada! The rest of us were local Utahn's.

This was a quality group of canyoneers. We had a few who were new to the sport, but we also had 5 of the 8 who have been professionally trained in canyoneering; so when we began our adventure in the canyons, it was no surprise to me how efficiently the large group moved through the slots.

The canyons we visited were: (TR's coming soon)

• Constrichnine
    • Slideanide
    • Arsenic

Each was a lot of fun and very beautiful! Constrichnine has some really good rappels and chambers. Slideanide was a blast! The big elevators in that canyon are so fun. Aresnic has a wonderful 3 stage rappel start, and some pretty narrows to finish it off.

CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

2. Likes Canyonbug, accadacca liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice,

did you guys do all three in a single day?

did you noticed the rope groves ontop of the Arscenic Rap?

Quote Originally Posted by deagol View Post
    Nice,

did you guys do all three in a single day?

did you noticed the rope groves ontop of the Arscenic Rap?
    Yes, we did all three that day. It was great fun!

Yes... we did notice all the grooves... We didn't pull our rope on that rappel. Just left it and came back for it after.
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

good job doing all three. when we got there, there was only time for Arscenic (at our pace) the first, so did the other two the next day...

Someone had a fat dynamic line set up at first Arscenic rap that was sawing through the sandstone... not even from the rope pull, but just the bounce from them rapping on that rubber band rope.

other anchors were generally rat's nests..

Quote Originally Posted by deagol View Post

other anchors were generally rat's nests..
    Yes, the anchors we found were creative and colorful from the multiple strands of webbing. However, after inspection, all were determined to be solid so we did not cut and replace.
    "Only those who chance going too far can possibly know how far they can go."

What a great day that was. Thanks for putting the trip together Blake.
    Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"

9. Likes Kuya liked this post