Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Adventure Touring Motorcycles

Wouldn't let you ride it? No dice...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Come on up for a dirt bike ride, and we'll hit the local BMW/Triumph/Ducati dealer. They have let me take a new GS for an aftetnoon ride. Stopped in a little after lunch and told him I'd like to try the bike. They grabbed the dealer plates, handed me the keys, and noted they close at 6... was gone a couple of hours, 2 canyons and over 100 miles later I dropped the bike off. Never asked for my liscense or anything! Trusting fellas...

Mtnseeker1's new bike. I hear he got a helluva deal...

Name:  DSC00878.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  113.8 KB

Milage and dirt ability might be a factor? But gear sheering would be the only reason to stay away from some?
    But then again the 990 is terrible with milage
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

I got this dude in Vegas That wants to spend some money so I might need to hook up with those in the area for security and a fun time . Trying to sell the 500xc-w I'll be the fool on the 300 as I try to sell my 500 any takers for help.? Just another ride really. This should just turn into a sale and fun ride in Nelson hills.
    But I want to cover my 6 down there.Holy crap that reminds me Mark you told me once a long time ago sorry.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

I've got it just about pinned down but one question for those that ride the GS. Talk to me about tires and flats. What is easier on road and off to deal with?

I mean anything over 900cc is going a pain but plugs are very scarry to me at high speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    I got this dude in Vegas That wants to spend some money so I might need to hook up with those in the area for security and a fun time . Trying to sell the 500xc-w I'll be the fool on the 300 as I try to sell my 500 any takers for help.? Just another ride really. This should just turn into a sale and fun ride in Nelson hills.
    But I want to cover my 6 down there.Holy crap that reminds me Mark you told me once a long time ago sorry.
    When are you planning on coming down? I could help and we could squeeze in a ride. We had a blast out at Logandale saturday with the freshly rained on desert.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Seems things are falling apart and I feel better about it all. Just to shady I guess. BUT? I love to get a ride in some time soon just cause I need the break and a good ride.
    To many ifs with this cat but I can ride this weekend if your up for it. later in the weekend is best for me but give me a call. 435-six 1 nine 13 six five.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Seems things are falling apart and I feel better about it all. Just to shady I guess. BUT? I love to get a ride in some time soon just cause I need the break and a good ride.
    To many ifs with this cat but I can ride this weekend if your up for it. later in the weekend is best for me but give me a call. 435-six 1 nine 13 six five.
    I'll be in Manhattan this weekend for work so I can't this weekend but I should be open the next few weekends.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I'm in the middle of selling all but maybe we can do a ride if I still have something to ride up north say the Paiute trail? And get the boys together again.?

I've got a line on a 2012 1200 GSA that is a friend of a friends. It has sat in his garage mostly with only 700 miles on it. He's looking to make somebody a good deal. He paid 23k. It's got the BMW panniers too. The dealer told him he could sell it for 17-18k. I guess he would let it go for 15k or less maybe. Seems like a heckuva deal.

Beautiful bike right there..

Adventure Touring Motorcycles

KTM 390 Adventure Expected This Autumn

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/kt...umn-96878.html

17. Likes REDFOX liked this post
    Bought myself a v-strom 1000 a few weeks back. I am into it it about $2,000 now
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

19. Likes accadacca, RedSpecialized liked this post
    This stuff is a good time. So many places to go and so few weekends to do it!
    I have had my little Honda since April and have put on over 4000 miles now.

Pic of Ride-on in Idaho
    Name:  _DSC2998.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  151.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I've got a line on a 2012 1200 GSA that is a friend of a friends. It has sat in his garage mostly with only 700 miles on it. He's looking to make somebody a good deal. He paid 23k. It's got the BMW panniers too. The dealer told him he could sell it for 17-18k. I guess he would let it go for 15k or less maybe. Seems like a heckuva deal.

can we ask why he is not riding it?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_outdoors View Post
    can we ask why he is not riding it?
    He's rich and could care less. He got the bike from someone who owed him money...

Name:  2016 African Twin 1000cc.png
Views: 627
Size:  143.3 KB

This fall they say 2016
    African Twin 1000cc side by side with electric shift on the handle bars or some crazy stuff like that??????
    To me it sounds like a great bj from another room LOL this is all Rumor and nothing else.
    Real cloke and dagger shtuff. no colors no nothing really.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Honda NC700X

v strom 650 xt adventure touring package

bicycle trailer for motorcycle

triumph tiger 800 xc forum