Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure Touring Motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    Even though the dream is to really get off road on your new Adventure Bike, the reality is you will spend most of your time on road. You already have two bikes to cover the dirt spectrum. Get the bike that is the most comfortable for your travels, not for it's dirt worthiness. It won't be long until you are making longer and longer travels - and 600+ miles days do not go great on the smaller/lighter bikes. It's great to have the ability to run some off pavement segments while out on a trip, and well worth having the machine to do it, but a hundred miles of dirt on a 4000 mile trip isn't worth the smaller engine or saving a few pounds.
    Exactly. I constantly find myself analyzing the dirt aspects when the main reason I'm getting one is to get something more comfortable for the road and long distance. It's a slippery slope!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You are a much better dirt rider than I am. Most of the big bikes capabilities are far in excess of the abilities of normal folks. Jimmy Lewis can make his R1200GS do things you can't do on your 250! Enjoy your dirt bikes. Get this one so you can join us when we go long.... BC is calling again...

I rode with Jerry up 5 miles of hell and he just about made it before dark started and Mark helped out with his oil leak and we all got out in good shape Them 400 drz's are bad ass for sure but they have always been bad ass for 30 plus years.
    My simple 4 yrs. experience took my 500 over it and it was great to get it behind me but? I want to see more country with a bike that has no history of bad gears or anything really. You know with my bugget and all.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

DBL I am starting to like them Triumphs 800xs But I just don't know yet.
    At near or more than 500lbs. I will be hard to try some steps on some crazy trails but the reward of seeing al lot more country might be worth it???
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Scott you kill me. Like I said I need something I can work on and at my budget.
    You Know something better than a KLR but don't be pist if that is the very thing I get.. LMAO

Hell I seen a Ural side cart ride that means more to me than most
    You can do 100mph or come back through at 60 and it will never look the same.

Scott you kill me. Like I said I need something I can work on and at my budget.
    You Know something better than a KLR but don't be pist if that is the very thing I get.. LMAO
    Besides I don't need a Go PRO 17 just a 2 works great for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    That music ruined the bike view. Awwesome exciting bike and they throw elevator music at it. boooorrrriing.

At 160 hp it deserved some AC/DC... I'd say Thunderstruck... Can you dub over this for us Acca?

You know nelsonccc I have been looking for a spell now but the dr 650 is as bad as the v stump 1000 it is the gear box they have a problem with sorry but a spade is a spade bro.
    The 400 is bad ass but lacks on the tar mat. I think I'll just head towards what works and I am thinking Triumph800xcs.
    Good for dbl with no issues. BUT? I rreally want an 03 1150 BMW.
    I will find one trust me.

But one a different note Let us do 5 miles of hell this fall. Just about have my 300 dialed big time with a 3.0 recluces and running 70:1 ratio with a hard power valve spring we are more than ready . This bitch will walk up a tree and flat out get it.

Thank you DBL that is the best advise I have heard yet. I'm not doing a gold wing however LOL
    Maybe a hardly but no gold wing.

So I sat on this the other day. Triumph Tiger 800XC. The XC has some really nice electronics for off road and was super comfy.
    $12K is a bit high but holy hell this bike is nice! I arrived on the DR for a quick look see at lunch and almost walked out with one of these after they tried HARD to sell it to me. Even offered $3K for my DR but since they wouldn't let me test drive it I was disappointed. They were willing to sweeten the deal with practically free accessories though. Might be another option in the race.....

Name:  New-Tiger-800XC-XL.jpg
Views: 1773
Size:  45.2 KBName:  Tiger800XC.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  64.4 KBName:  800XC-Accessories.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  51.8 KBName:  2011-Triumph-Tiger-800-1.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  115.1 KB
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Honda NC700X