Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Adventure Touring Motorcycles

I've been working the hole 1190 adventure KTM plain not the R model and out the door with panniers I was looking at 12600 and it is a bike I can live with for sure but it is big.
    This Honda is one most wanted to see come to America in the 850 class for decades. Very rare to find even a Transalp in the us but an African Twin forget it.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I might be looking to part with my 2012 R1200GS soon...

5. Likes nelsonccc liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    We'll see if they actually make this. The super tenere is on my short list. This picture, I believe, is for the smaller engine version, but is concept only.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Adventure Touring Motorcycles

2016 Africa Twin

OK so electric shift is just nuts but so was the auto clutch we hear so much about. Thing is this is a 1000cc dirt/street bike that comes in a 440 lbs. And Hondas may have some problems but longivity is or has never been one of them. I'm looking real hard and no I have no idea what they want for them as of yet.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

The only problem I can see is they just are not race ready like team orange. You get what you pay for one way or the other.

The Honda 1000 looks awesome. I will look serious at one in a year or two. Until then I will just have to put up with the 74 MPG and incredible features of the 700x. Going on 5000 miles since I picked it up in April

13. Likes nelsonccc liked this post
    This Honda AT is a bit strange with two clutches that are auto from what I have read. Comes with tube tires also just as weird on a liter bike.

Honestly the more I look the more I head back to an DRZ400. KLR is more road but if you think about it when in dought the drz400 will do just about any trail and still do the speed limit.
    How many times have you rode with some clown that pulls it of with a DRZ400? on some crazy ass dirt shit? Hell even Marks brother did 5 MOH on one.
    BMW 800 would be great for what I'm after with a pack load but? Then again I have seen some older BMW 1150 that are something to think about. And the price range aint to terrible.

I am leaning towards a drz 400 just for kicks and giggles. If you can camp with a bicycle or backpack for extended periods then the DRZ 400 makes more +++++++ as you think about it.
    Having said that I do have a few bikes and bags or panniers for sale lol.
    I'm not a hwy guy but I love to think about getting around and still hit some bad ass trails.

I bet I can set up an DRZ 400 for about 3500 smacks and have fun in more places than a 10 o13K BMW.

I think that you get what you pay for but?????????? Just sometimes life is good and simplicity works.

Seeker,

For what you are talking about just put a Giant Loop Coyote on your KTM, you have the bike... just set it up a bit different.

But if you want to do some touring, inluding some off highway excursions, you're going to have to move up a bit in size. You'll want the comfort for long high speed days.

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    Seeker,

For what you are talking about just put a Giant Loop Coyote on your KTM, you have the bike... just set it up a bit different.

But if you want to do some touring, including some off highway excursions, you're going to have to move up a bit in size. You'll want the comfort for long high speed days.
    Agreed, the whole drive behind my current research and purchase of a new motorcycle is due to the fact that the DR650 is really really uncomfortable for highway driving. Also once you load it down with camping gear it is a bear in the dirt. It's still fun but you have to really temper your expectations on distance and challenge. I pretty much found myself sticking to dirt roads and more easy stuff and once I realized that I knew that I needed a different motorcycle. One that was more comfortable on the road and the dirt, more powerful, and better at hauling gear. That's why I'm almost 100% decided on the Yamaha Super Tenere.

The trip below was all dirt to the place with some road coming back to Vegas. I can only handle about 30-40 minutes at a time on the freeway on the DR650.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...morial-Weekend
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Agreed, the whole drive behind my current research and purchase of a new motorcycle is due to the fact that the DR650 is really really uncomfortable for highway driving. Also once you load it down with camping gear it is a bear in the dirt. It's still fun but you have to really temper your expectations on distance and challenge. I pretty much found myself sticking to dirt roads and more easy stuff and once I realized that I knew that I needed a different motorcycle. One that was more comfortable on the road and the dirt, more powerful, and better at hauling gear. That's why I'm almost 100% decided on the Yamaha Super Tenere.

The trip below was all dirt to the place with some road coming back to Vegas. I can only handle about 30-40 minutes at a time on the freeway on the DR650.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...morial-Weekend

Almost 100%... sounds like an oxymoron...

19. Likes nelsonccc liked this post

Hey if the DRZ 650 got the gears right I'd be in but until I'd rather mod a 400. They sheer and I think it is because the just upped the power on the 400. Might just be be me but the track record says the same thing I'm saying.

I ride a V-strom 650. Have never tried tight trail off road with it. On paved or unpaved road, it is great. Two up with packed bags is a bit tricky due to its light weight, but doable.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Name:  stock 690.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  71.7 KB
    Name:  Dakar.png
Views: 275
Size:  153.5 KB

Stock to rally ready. KTM 690 Adventure R

Not sure if you would call this a high end Enduro or a low end Adventure bike she is very dirt worthy.

These bikes are growing on me...

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Honda NC700X

v strom 650 xt adventure touring package

bicycle trailer for motorcycle

triumph tiger 800 xc forum