Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: going to moab in June. I've never been there before... Anything too good to miss?

half hearted enthusiast Kashmire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I have no problem with you username, but than again, i wasn't raised as a whiny candyass pussy.
    Ha!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I appreciate your advice, and I am curious if you are making this recommendation because I am a "newb"..
    Whether or not people are a fan of the fiddlestick or not, here is what the website says about it, with the important words in red:

http://www.canyoneeringusa.com/techtips/fiddlestick/

The FiddleStick – An Advanced Anchor Tool for Canyoneering

The FiddleStick is an advanced canyoneering anchor tool.

As an ADVANCED anchor tool, it requires skill, practice and understanding to use safely. Even when used properly, it has the possibility of failing, resulting in severe injury or death, or being stranded in a canyon with your ropes hopelessly stuck.

While it is possible to use the FiddleStick on traderoute canyons, to not contribute to deeper rope grooves or make some pulls easier, it really shines on first descents and in rarely-travelled backcountry canyons where it is of substantial benefit to not leave junk behind.

The above description makes FiddleSticking seem pretty simple. Sometimes it is; sometimes it is not.

I mean no offence and nobody's perfect, but why would anyone who has zero experience (or perhaps one guided canyon by then) and whom is with a nine year old consider themselves to be an advanced canyoneer?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

4. Likes nkanarik, Kuya liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Gravity View Post
    LMAO - Cotton was always my favorite on that show, my father was like him in many ways. Now STFU and go get me a beer.

6. Likes nkanarik liked this post
    Ok... Again I don't want to come off rude or unappreciative of advice, but I haven't claimed anything but to have a crude sense of humor. It was a piece of gear and I bought it. To be honest I don't find the concept complicated at all. It's dangerous sure. I don't have to use it, kinda like my pistol, I don't want to use it but it's there if I need. skills are earned through practice. Which is why I am on here with all the experts, asking strangers to join us. I know I don't know shit, I plan to keep it basic as possible, only implementing enough complicity as each situation requires. Someday my skills will be advanced and I will go off the beaten path fiddlestick and all.

8. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmire View Post
    Which is why I am on here with all the experts
    And the rest of us too.

It was a piece of gear and I bought it.
    Said every canyoneer EVER . I have some pieces of gear that have only had action from the branch of a maple tree. Nothing wrong with that.

Good luck with your trip.

10. Likes Slot Machine, ratagonia liked this post
    LMAO - Cotton was always my favorite on that show, my father was like him in many ways. Now STFU and go get me a beer.
    Real men drink pothole water. Tastes fine.

I don't have to use it, kinda like my pistol, I don't want to use it but it's there if I need.
    You won't need a Fiddlestick. The second you realize how little you need it, it will be too late.

Then you will have to sit in Hell for the rest of eternity, listening to Hitler make fun of you! -

Name:  sillysitck.png
Views: 245
Size:  728.6 KB
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

13. Likes Taylor, Absolute Gravity liked this post
    @slotmachine That is probably the best cartoon you ever put together! Makes me laugh EVERY TIME!
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

15. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    You won't need a Fiddlestick. The second you realize how little you need it, it will be too late.

Then you will have to sit in Hell for the rest of eternity, listening to Hitler make fun of you! -

Name:  sillysitck.png
Views: 245
Size:  728.6 KB
    You all really are some of my favorite people! :)

17. Likes Slot Machine, SRG, Absolute Gravity liked this post
    I always knew Lance belonged in hell.....

19. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Just so you know... I think you're a real candyass giving into peer pressure like that, next you will be smoking pot and doing graffiti. And you could probably kick Slot Machines butt, he just likes to pretend he has a huge ePenis when he's playing on the interwebs down in his mom's basement.

Just so you know... I think you're a real candyass giving into peer pressure like that, next you will be smoking pot and doing graffiti. And you could probably kick Slot Machines butt, he just likes to pretend he has a huge ePenis when he's playing on the interwebs down in his mom's basement.

I do feel a bit like a pussy for changing it, I half wondered if you ****ers were taking bets...Lol

When you log into Bogley and see there is a thread regarding the best canyons to do in Moab in June and it's five pages long... that can only mean one thing.

23. Likes xxnitsuaxx, jman, Absolute Gravity liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by SRG View Post
    When you log into Bogley and see there is a thread regarding the best canyons to do in Moab in June and it's five pages long... that can only mean one thing.

That your mom is vacationing in Moab in June?

Quote Originally Posted by SRG View Post

That your mom discovered a show-don't-tell canyon??
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    That your mom discovered a show-don't-tell canyon??
    Nah, everybody seen that canyon.

Just so you know... I think you're a real candyass giving into peer pressure like that, next you will be smoking pot and doing graffiti. And you could probably kick Slot Machines butt
    Every. Single. Person. on this forum could kick my butt.

Even the 4 ladies that have the balls to post here. @tanya @hesse15 @Felicia @Simple

Congratulations on not posting with a really gross name. Tips my hat to you @Kashmire.

Name:  TIPSMYHAT.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  34.9 KB

WELCOME TO BOGLEY.

28. Likes Absolute Gravity liked this post
    Aaaand in retrospect I may have set myself(and my mom?) up for that, just a little bit.

I plan to have Fins-n-Things added to Climb-Utah.com in the next couple of weeks. Everything worthwhile from the book will be on the website in the near future. Not to mention the dozens of items that are not in the book.
    Fins & Things is now up: http://climb-utah.com/Moab/finsandthings.htm

And my route description includes all the cool stuff the book missed. I really wouldn't have thought much of the route if it didn't pass next to three really good panels of rock art that the book missed and/or never mentions. If it was not for the rock art I'd consider the route just filler material.

The funny thing is I'd searched for the Many Hands pictograph panel a couple times before and never been able to locate it, but the Fins & Things route passes right by it if you know where to look.

Name:  manyhands.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  92.9 KB

If anyone has done SGR, Sunseed or Moon Flower from the book hit me up side band.