Thread: Lomatium / Krill help

Lomatium / Krill help

I'm looking for someone willing to take me through Lomatium & Krill canyons.
    These have been on my hit list for several years now. I appreciate any assistance. I'm headed down to Moab this weekend and also March 27th.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

One does not simply walk into Bogley...then simply walk into Lomatium.

4. Likes Slot Machine, deagol liked this post
    Someone help the guy out... he asked me how to find someone to do Lomation with and I told him you guys would be a good resource. Heck... if this was a pretty single girl asking you guys would be lined up out the door and around the corner offering assistance

I've never done it, but I'd be interested in going sometime. If I had the beta, I'd feel comfortable leading the group.

Quote Originally Posted by qedcook View Post
    I've never done it, but I'd be interested in going sometime. If I had the beta, I'd feel comfortable leading the group.
    There is Beta for the canyon?!?! haha

Even with Beta, navigation is difficult in the FF. If you have been in the Furnace before and are familiar with the area a bit, I might be able to help you though.
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Quote Originally Posted by qedcook View Post
    It really doesn't work with "beta" and after you do the route you will understand why. The entire route, both Lomatium and Krill combined, would fit inside a college football stadium. It's the winding through the numerous corridors, fins and hallways that is the confusion. And doing it all without stomping the crypto is nearly impossible without being shown the way.

Also a GPS doesn't work because sometimes the hallways and fins are only 3' apart, not to mention the echo you get from the signal inside the fins which really bounces off the walls and messes with your location by dozens of yards.

9. Likes Kuya liked this post
    I spend plenty of time helping other canyoneers experienced and new alike. Just not here on Bogley. If it takes time on the forums to earn my stripes so be it.

Glad to wait for someone to help me through the canyon sometime. This isn't an urgent request.

(BTW I am fairly experienced. I haven't been in canyons nearly as long as Ram, Tom, Shane or many others on this forum, but I've got several years under my belt.)

Quote Originally Posted by shae View Post
    Glad to wait for someone to help me through the canyon sometime. This isn't an urgent request.

(BTW I am fairly experienced. I haven't been in canyons nearly as long as Ram, Tom, Shane or many others on this forum, but I've got several years under my belt.)
    Meh. Nobody cares that you want to do Lomatium. Several years doesn't mean anything to anybody. Shoot, I've posted like six thousand trip reports on this forum and that wouldn't get anyone off the couch to guide me through Lomatium.

The reality is that you are just a name on a screen that wants a ( fill in the blank with your favorite favor ).

People are incentive based creatures. Therefore, nobody is going to help out without some proper incentive. You must offer something in trade, while painting yourself as a living breathing human being.

Here is how you do it:

"Hey my name is Bill. I chop down trees for a living. I'm into Red Bull, Doritos and anything made out of denim. I voted for both president Bushes all four times they ran. I've done Pine Creek 11 times. I've done Keyhole 17 times. Once I did them both on the same day. A day to remember.

Here is what I offer: I will carry all of the rope, all of your GoPros and even your wife (or mistress) across the crux if you graciously show me through Lomatium. Afterwards, I'll gladly buy you dinner and a barrel of beer at The Moab Brewery.

Your humble future Sherpa,

-Bill "

THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

13. Likes Taylor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Here is how you do it:

"Hey my name is Bill. I chop down trees for a living. I'm into Red Bull, Doritos and anything made out of denim. I voted for both president Bushes all four times they ran. I've done Pine Creek 11 times. I've done Keyhole 17 times. Once I did them both on the same day. A day to remember.

Here is what I offer: I will carry all of the rope, all of the GoPro's and even your wife (or mistress) across the crux if you graciously show me through Lomatium. Afterwards, I'll gladly buy you dinner and a barrel of beer at The Moab Brewery.

Your humble future Sherpa,

-Bill "

BAHAHAHAHA!
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

15. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Well I'm quite surprised at the antagonism towards the original poster shae.

It seemed like a reasonably polite request from someone who's been registered on this site for 6 years.

Rob, I agree that shae is polite. But let's pretend we are on a Woxley, the world's premier car waxing website, then simply rephrase the original post...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    I'm looking for someone that's willing to wax my 1977 Pontiac Firebird. No, it isn't the actual car from Smokey and the Bandit. But it is damn close.
    Getting a fresh coat of wax on The 'Bird has been on my to do list for several weeks now. I appreciate any assistance. I'm headed down to Moab this weekend and also March 27th and want to maximize my chances of scoring a girlfriend that knows a lot about the welfare system.
    Name:  1977_Ponitac_Trans_Am-626x415.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  86.9 KB
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Rob, I agree that shae is polite. But let's pretend we are on a Woxley, the world's premier car waxing website, then simply rephrase the original post...

Name:  1977_Ponitac_Trans_Am-626x415.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  86.9 KB
    So what your really saying is as long as I bring a girl for you your in?

Attachment 77874

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So what your really saying is as long as I bring a girl for you your in?
    Shoot! That is overkill!

I'd help out as long as you provided some cold Miller Light and didn't make fun of my mullet.

Not to derail but when picking up lomatium permit has anyone been told to not rappel off of abbey arch? Been 3 times lately and not a peep?

Not to derail but when picking up lomatium permit has anyone been told to not rappel off of abbey arch?
    Yes; you aren't supposed to rappel off any arches in the national park. There is a tree people are using instead.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I know that because of bogley. I'm just surprised the Park Service isn't educating the public of that.