Thread: Getting used to a 2 smokie

Getting used to a 2 smokie

This bike rocks for desert fun and has that scare the shit out of me attitude for sure but?
    I am having a hard time getting her through the tech stuff. Not as easy as the 500 for sure so I find myself ready for the recluse faster than I thought.
    So should I go with this or should I just calm the frigg down and do the time on this bike to get to know her?
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I put a recluse in my kx450 about 1 year ago. Don't know how i rode without it. Some say it's cheating to not have to use your clutch, i guess I'm a cheater than. For me it is by far the best thing you can to for a bike to make feel and act like it is lower geared than it really is in the slow tech stuff. It never stalls out and just keeps going. I don't have to worry about clutching and can just hang on with both hands. I love it! Get a recluse.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I've never ridden a 2 stroke with a Rekluse, they didn't come out until the 4 strokes got popular and the stalling started... When I was racing back in the 90s and early 2000s my 2 stroke clutches could take a ton of abuse and keep coming back for more, as opposed to the 4 strokes that heated up real fast and would start to fade if used very much at all. I was taught to hammer the crap out of the clutch on those ring-a dingers to tame the hit of power and get traction, the 4 strokes nowadays are a lot easier to ride with the throttle being the traction control device for the most part.

5. Likes double moo liked this post
    If your new 300 is an MX bike you may need to think about a low-mid range pipe. A new FMF Gnarly will help a ton in the tight stuff. And I hate to imagine how hard life would be without a Recluse!

I've got rekluse in my 300 best money spent.

The great thing about a two smoke is with a clutch you have to ride them very aggressive. I have the 3.0 pro right in front of me as I type but what can I say I'm vey old school. Never heard to many complaints and lots of good talk but I'm kinda digging this bike the way she is now. Just saying?
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum