Thread: TR: Adventures in Central America

TR: Adventures in Central America

Overview/Introduction

This is the story of a father-daughter adventure in Central America. I had told the kids that when they turned 10, they could do a trip with just dad if they would like.

Shaylee and I had planned a trip to Central America so we could do a humanitarian aid trek. Unfortunately, the organizers of the treks decided that she was too young, so we had to make alternate plans. We came up with lots of alternate plans including bungee jumping, climbing volcanoes, ziplining, and viewing wildlife. Despite a few bumps and setbacks, we accomplished a lot in our allotted 19 days away from home.

[FONT=Verdana]This was my third time to Guatemala (having been there in 1992-1993 and 2008) and Shaylee’s second time. I knew Guatemala had changed when the first store I saw was a Wal-Mart! Although I had been to Guatemala on two previous trips, other than climbing Volc
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

[B]January 2-3: Volc
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

4. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Wow, what a great experience to share with your daughter! Thanks for sharing.

6. Likes Scott P liked this post
    Just a stunning report as usual, Scott .

You're in a very fortunate position to educate your children about the world in this way.

That's a very Scottish pose, in suitable Tartan attire (pair of pyjamas...I assume your luggage was still lost at this point?).

Rob

p.s. what's the graffiti?

p.s. what's the graffiti?
    Unfortunately, graffiti is common on mountains in Latin America. You find it on a lot of mountains down there.