Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild hair ideas

Wild hair ideas

So I'm thinking the other day of selling my big 500 katoom to find a bike that will give me more fun and at a longer pace right?
    I was sold on a Husky TE300 then a deal came along that I just had to jump on 2014 tricked out xc no not an xc-w but an xc.
    Yes a two smoker for all you that have heard me trash on them in the past.
    Best part is Now I think I can keep my 500 and get this 300. Best of both worlds if you ask me.

Garbo will shoot me and Mechete will still it.LMAO.

Sometimes a guy just needs a mix.
    The 500 is a total bad ass and has taken me through 5 miles of hell.
    The new to me 2 smokie will take some time to get used to but I need something lighter from time to time.
    I want faster lighter and longer days.
    The two stroke will never be faster than the 500 except maybe the fun stuff.
    In the big washes most 450's and yes 390's are going to sit way the **** back there.
    But this 500 is well that is it's game.
    There is a lot of riding to be had out there and I hope this new steed will open some new doors for me.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Pictures or it didn't happen.....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

This poor thing followed me home today and could not refuse her.

Name:  300 #1.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  91.5 KBName:  300#3.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  53.9 KBName:  300#4.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  63.3 KB
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

i really wanted a new Husky 300 but this way I can keep my very loved 500.

Eat. Poop. Ride/Hike/Ski. maChete's Avatar
    Very nice seeker. HaPpY NeW BiKe To You!! :-)
    Can't wait to see it in person.
    Roger That....Over!

A 2 stroke? Did hell freeze over? Simply can't believe it.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Anything looks good parked in a garage.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

One ride and I do believe this bike is faster gear to gear than my 500. Feels like half the wt/ at slower speeds and even lighter as the speed progresses.

No hell did not freeze over and I can tell you that this big bore 500 is here to stay.
    But sometimes a guy dips into the grey area and for good reason.
    Nothing wrong with wanting the best of both worlds is there?

I did take this 500 over the 5 miles of hell after all.
    With a knobby.

I just want to try to push myself faster and harder in the woods and such.

And Garbo you know you will be the first to line up for a ride on this one....... But it is all good cause you know how I love your big bore Husaberg
    Now if I can just figure out how to take care of business and sneak down to the Moab ride.
    Name:  ready to ride.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  52.3 KB I had a bug to work out and it worked.

This little 300 scares me. Very smooth for the hard stand up single track stuff but good lord when you want to hit the washes hard and fast there is this certain pucker factor and the first thing I need besides a steering dampner is a seat that keeps me planted. THIS BIKE ROCKS.... Total rocket. My 500 won't hold a candle to this for racing......... NOTE: this is the second day of riding her and I will be riding with Garbo in the morn with some friends.

Spookie:

K so after a few weeks I have decided this 300 takes a bit of an attitude to ride.
    Not lot my 500 at all in the tech shit. Takes a bit of balls and some momentum.
    It will not come close to how the 500 will lug but? I do feel like it will out lugg most 2-ts.
    I can say this for sure is that it will take a bit of getting used to in the tech tight narly stuff.
    The washes I think she is faster.
    This bike rocks when pinned. THe tech shit is something that I might want to get a RECLUSE for.

If I had to ride the 5 miles of hell again with short notice I would take the 500 without a thought.

Don't get me wrong this 300 is a badd ass but? I bought it off a Dude that is running like 6th overall desert and it is his last years race bike.
    This is a different animal.
    Spooky comes to mind but trail bike? I'll stick with my 500 for the get up the cracks and hardcore rock shit.

BUt by all means come ride with a fast old boy in the Warner Single tracks. :)

The thing is I would put my 500 anywhere I might try my 300 but? I've been riding my 500 more than two years and the 300 like almost a month.Only time will tell.

What spring is in it? Put the yellow power valve spring in it. Set screw 3 qtrs out and throw your 500 in the trash. If you want to ride your 500 on 5 mile verse your 300 it's not set up right. They absolutely rule technical. If it's got the red spring in it it will be a hand full.

5 guys in our group were all riding 4 strokes. They're all on 300s now.

Is yours an xc or xcw? If xc needs a 13 on the front. Rekluse is priceless. If you really want awes, have race tech build you a suspension that is lowered 2 inches. Toss in tubeless trials and let the fun begin. I'm a fair rider and I rode 5 mile a few weeks ago in 3 hours and never laid my bike down.

I agree with your statements MoabMark. I have a 13 300XC with a recluse and I absolutely love this bike. And I run stock sprokets (14/50) and had no problem at 5MOH.
    Roger That....Over!

Yea rekluse let's you run higher gears. 13 just brings second into play when things are ugly.

I've always ran a 14 prior to ReKluse. I originally just got the ReKluse to reduce the carpultunal pain. But now the other benefits became apparent right away.
    Roger That....Over!